Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated SIN (Singapore Changi) logistics / checkin / connections / lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
You will need an airport printed BPs, app-based BPs will not be generated or accepted.

Lounges
  • STATS (Terminal 1, 2, 3) open 24 hours
  • SQ KrisFlyer (for *G pax) / SilverKris (for J pax) lounges (Terminal 2, 3rd Floor, Mezzanine Level & Terminal 3, 3rd Floor, near to Gates A1-5) open 24 hours
  • TG Royal Silk Lounge (International Terminal 1, 3rd Floor, near West Immigration) (not open overnight)

Related threads - United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016
UA Ending LAX-SIN, going 2x daily SFO-SIN, 27 OCT 2018
Changi early morning flight can I get airside the night before?
Print Wikipost

Consolidated SIN (Singapore Changi) logistics / checkin / connections / lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Were you transferring as the OP questions? I agree with you if your destination is SIN. I was replying to someone whom wants to transfer with luggage that is checked all the way through..
Oh, gotcha. My destination was SIN.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by lsquare
Oh, gotcha. My destination was SIN.
Are you turning right around?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Are you turning right around?
Nope. I spent a couple of days in SIN.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Nope. I spent a couple of days in SIN.
On my last trip to SIN, I didn't see any other way to retrieve my checked bag until I cleared immigration.
you want to retrieve the bag, spend a couple days in SIN, and not clear immigration?

Or do you mean spend two days in Changi like that Tom Hanks movie?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
you want to retrieve the bag, spend a couple days in SIN, and not clear immigration?

Or do you mean spend two days in Changi like that Tom Hanks movie?
No, I was trying to address another post. I did clear customs and head into Singapore.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Absolutely correct. The bold section doesn’t apply if the bag has been checked in ORD-SFO-SIN//SIN-BKK. He/she can simply go to the transfer desk in SIN and pick up the next BP (and while at the xfer desk they can even take a look to make sure bags are transferring properly). No need to go through immigration. No e forms in SIN. No muss no fuss.

So said poster’s life experience literally comes down to the experience level and savviness of a harried check in agent in Chicago, and his/her ability to process the bag check interline accurately. Give extra time, take a printout of the 2nd ticket and give it to the agent. Be prepared to see the wrong bag tags printed once or twice. Be prepared to see the flustered agent call in for help. Verify the bag tags show the final final destination before you walk away.

Been there done that at least 6-8 times. And this was in SFO where they should be very experienced at it.

Thanks so much everyone this helps clear the process up! I will be at the ORD Premier check in desk extra early..
uastarflyer likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:57 am

It appears UA 2 (SIN-SFO) Departs F gates in G concourse which is Terminal 2. But I am reading that Terminal 2 is "closed". What terminal then should I have the taxi drop us off? (I assume all terminals are somehow connected once you clear security?)
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
It appears UA 2 (SIN-SFO) Departs F gates in G concourse which is Terminal 2. But I am reading that Terminal 2 is "closed". What terminal then should I have the taxi drop us off? (I assume all terminals are somehow connected once you clear security?)
Changi announced plans of incremental re-opening of T2, a few months ago. As of now F gates are open.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vsadda
Changi announced plans of incremental re-opening of T2, a few months ago. As of now F gates are open.
UA is no longer departing from T3 anymore? When did this change? Is this permanent? Any lounges near the departure gate? What are my options?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:38 am

UA is no longer departing from T3 anymore? When did this change? Is this permanent? Any lounges near the departure gate? What are my options?
UA 2 has been scheduled out of F52 of T2 for the past few weeks. Can't answer your other questions.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA 2 has been scheduled out of F52 of T2 for the past few weeks. Can't answer your other questions.
Damn, I had no idea. Any Changi expert able to tell me? Is it easy to access T2 after arriving via the MRT?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Damn, I had no idea. Any Changi expert able to tell me? Is it easy to access T2 after arriving via the MRT?
Yep -- the station effectively spans from T2 to T3, so just look for signs and exit at the appropriate end.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Yep -- the station effectively spans from T2 to T3, so just look for signs and exit at the appropriate end.
Is T2 any farther from the MRT compared to T3? I just want an idea in case I'm running late heading to Changi and need to consider taking the taxi instead of the MRT.

Pre-COVID, did UA fly out of T2 or T3? I was perfectly happy flying out of T3. I don't understand why things changed. Is there anything to look forward to in T2?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 9:59 am

But how do you "access" terminal 2 to get to F gates if the terminal entrance is closed? You go through security at another terminal and train/walk to terminal 2 gates?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:33 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

But how do you "access" terminal 2 to get to F gates if the terminal entrance is closed? You go through security at another terminal and train/walk to terminal 2 gates?
For UA, you go to Terminal 3, check in, go through security/immigration and then take the tram to Terminal 2. (No walking there.) There are no shops open in Terminal 2, so if you need to purchase anything, do it in Terminal 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.