Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can FA be too clown-ish and cheerful?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
As others have said, cheerful beats grumpy. Having said that, I am not a fan of announcements over the PA giving anything other than the necessary information. The best FA for me is the one that goes through exactly what needs to be said, as quickly as possible, without breaks in the announcement (e.g., turning the PA off and on multiple times during an announcement). I almost exclusively fly long-haul and if I am watching a movie, I like my interruptions as short and infrequent as possible.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by ExtonUS
I am not a fan of clown-ish FAs at all. Just be professional.
this.
u can be grumpy
u can be happy
just be professional

but i'm also the guy who prefers if the lounge agents NOT greet me with a robust "HELLO AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE..." with a big ol' smile and eye contact...but i get that in this board some people need that affirmation for their spend.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Often1
Like it or not, the FA is in a service role, at least when serving. A key part to that is "reading" the customer. For some people, the flight is a chance to zone out. Others want to chat. Yet others want to work. To each his own.

No different than a restaurant. A good server gets it that a person who wants their food and to be left alone ought to be left alone.
This! Whether it's restaurant where servers are taught to give the bona fides of every vegetable or a long haul flight, just leave me to my own devices. Especially before I've had coffee.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by CleUnited
I thought the minimum pieces of flair was 33.
If you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair like your pretty boy Brian over there, why don't you make the minimum 37?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just one add. I've experienced a flight where a "clowning" FA resulted in slow service, as he was actually spending too much time joking with each customer.

As others have said, as long as it's professional and doesn't get in the way of the job, I don't mind it at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.