Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Gold access to clubs at NRT and SIN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Gold access to clubs at NRT and SIN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rmannion
Are there showers at any of the SIN *G lounges (or other recommended paid options)? Will be at that airport overnight next week...
Not sure about SATS, but the SQ *G lounges (and I believe at least in T2, the other carriers that have lounges on that second-level lounge-only level) don't even have bathrooms in the lounges, you have to go out - forget about showers.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rmannion
Are there showers at any of the SIN *G lounges (or other recommended paid options)? Will be at that airport overnight next week...
Ambassador transit lounge - there is a branch in T2 and T3, perhaps T1 also. About $15 USD for a shower and a beverage. used to be half this price.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Wow! I use the SQ lounge in HKG all the time when traveling on UA. Are you saying in SIN and having *Gold on UA CM and TK And trvaling on UA to SF0 I would not be able to access the SQ SilverKris Lounge? Am I mistaken, however, what I have read above it seems to me what the posters are stating??
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Wow! I use the SQ lounge in HKG all the time when traveling on UA. Are you saying in SIN and having *Gold on UA CM and TK And trvaling on UA to SF0 I would not be able to access the SQ SilverKris Lounge? Am I mistaken, however, what I have read above it seems to me what the posters are stating??
If you are traveling in Y, you will be directed to the SQ Star Gold lounge at SIN. This is a sub-par lounge by SQ standards designed to keep the hoi-polloi from mixing with the J pax who will be admitted to the SilverKris Lounge.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, MR Gold (lifetime)
I used to get access to the SATS lounge which is right next door to the SQ*Gold lounge with *G status when flying coach on UA 3 hours prior to departure. They have showers. This was over a year ago, so I'm not sure if this still works. I used to have 6+ hr layovers in SIN & I would go to the SQ*G lounge & then move to the SATS later when they would let me in. Anyway, it is worth trying as the SATS lounge, when I was there last, was much better than the SQ*G lounge
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by transportprof
If you are traveling in Y, you will be directed to the SQ Star Gold lounge at SIN.
No this has now changed - UA Gold in Y are given a card to the SATS premier lounge which is better than SQ KF Gold for food options. As of mid July anyway. In T2.

I also was directed with an invite card to the SATS premier (not the SQ KF Gold) as a *G in Y traveling on AI. This was in June. Also T2.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
At NRT, what I've tended to do is to take the shower at UA, move to ANA for the udon/soba and massage chairs (ANA has showers too but somehow I like the UA ones more, don't know why).
That used to be my strategy, too, but ever since UA stopped giving out stylish shower amenity kits years ago, I have gravitated more toward the NH lounge showers. For starters, it doesn't get 100 degrees in the ANA lounge shower suites. (I end up getting so hot after my shower that I... feel like I need another shower!) The NH amenities are more plentiful (shaving supplies, toothbrush, etc.). The shower suites are quite comfortable and, I think, actually slightly superior to the UA lounge suites. And, there's barely ever a rush on the showers at the ANA lounge, whereas you often end up having to wait for a shower in the UA club. Usually I just avoid the UA lounge, now, unless I have specific business to tend to regarding my reservation. Yes, the downside is that it's a bit of a hike.

If the OP has a Priority Pass membership, that opens up other options, especially in SIN, where there are numerous PP lounges available. Nothing outstanding, but it certainly broadens the potential variety.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Just for the sake of completeness, there is also a TG lounge in SIN (in T1), not that it is any more exiting than the KF Gold lounge.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Those two (*G and UC membership) basically give you the same access to *A (non-UA lounges).
Not quite correct: the UC membership gets you access to the member business class lounge, where the *G gets you access to signed *G lounges.

These are not always the same -- the business lounge is usually worse. See, for example LH Business vs. Senator lounge, and more interestingly in this case the business SilverKris (better) vs KrisGold (worse) lounge. Sadly, SK has caught on and shunted UC holders in SIN to the KrisGold lounge (worse).
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dromomaniac
That used to be my strategy, too, but ever since UA stopped giving out stylish shower amenity kits years ago, I have gravitated more toward the NH lounge showers. For starters, it doesn't get 100 degrees in the ANA lounge shower suites. (I end up getting so hot after my shower that I... feel like I need another shower!) The NH amenities are more plentiful (shaving supplies, toothbrush, etc.). The shower suites are quite comfortable and, I think, actually slightly superior to the UA lounge suites. And, there's barely ever a rush on the showers at the ANA lounge, whereas you often end up having to wait for a shower in the UA club. Usually I just avoid the UA lounge, now, unless I have specific business to tend to regarding my reservation. Yes, the downside is that it's a bit of a hike.

If the OP has a Priority Pass membership, that opens up other options, especially in SIN, where there are numerous PP lounges available. Nothing outstanding, but it certainly broadens the potential variety.
What sort of amenity kid did they used to give? I used the NRT UA GFL, and I don't think I got much in the way of any amenity kit. They did have a wrapped toothbrush and toothpaste in the shower area, I think, but all of the shampoos and soaps were in small, refillable bottles that were to be left in the shower.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
Just to consolidate everyone's replies, your lounges are:

NRT: UA and ANA
SIN: SQ KrisFlyer (not SilverKris)

I expect you can use your UC membership to get into the NRT UC, but presume will not be recognized by either ANA or SQ. You would use your Premier Gold card to enter instead.

(now, over and above what you originally asked... )

At NRT, what I've tended to do is to take the shower at UA, move to ANA for the udon/soba and massage chairs (ANA has showers too but somehow I like the UA ones more, don't know why). ANA has two lounges in T1 but they're qualitatively the same, the only difference is that the one around the 50's gates has windows overlooking the tarmac, the other does not. Note also that the distance between the United Club and either ANA lounge is a brisk 10 minute walk on travelators (in my experience ANA flights to/from SIN use the 50's gates). Arriving on UA, the bottom of the escalator after the security screening puts you right in front of the UC between gate 27 and 31.
Full thread on NRT lounge options:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...5-forward.html

Personally I prefer the 50s area lounge because of the windows and the much more open, spacious feel (particularly before/after a 12 hour flight). Food/drink offerings essentially the same.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Originally Posted by transportprof
If your Star Alliance Gold (not sure if that's the same as Premier Gold), you'd have access to a number of lounges at NRT. My favorite is the ANA lounge. At Singapore, SQ runs a second-tier lounge for Star Alliance Gold members traveling in coach. If you're in J, you'd have access to the SQ KrisFlyer lounge which is an order of magnitude better than the SQ Gold lounge.
The second tier SQ lounge at SIN "ain't all that." Additionally, since it's a marvelously efficient airport, you won't really need it. I'd rather take a more leisurely time getting to the airport, and grabbing a last kopi-c & kaya toast before departure.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At NRT, The UA lounge has business class and FC sections. The *Gold entitlement is to the business class part, downstairs.

Also at NRT, there's a separate ANA Suites (and FC) lounge, which *Golds can't use unless there's some other entitlement such as a ticket that's confirmed in suites or FC leaving NRT.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Ambassador transit lounge - there is a branch in T2 and T3, perhaps T1 also. About $15 USD for a shower and a beverage. used to be half this price.
When it's open, you can also pay to use the pool at SIN. Admission includes towel, shower, and a nonalcoholic beverage.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: United Platinum
The ANA lounge at the top of the escalators at NRT is where we go when we have a choice. The showers are great and the food they put out is nice but the real treat is the hidden noodle bar. It's at the very end of the lounge and you order through a window.

At SIN, don't miss the butterfly garden. I had time to kill so I sought it out last time I was there. I was expecting a pretty garden and hopefully I could see some butterflies, but OMG they are everywhere - it's awesome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.