Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Heads up: The Billion Mile Giveaway starts August 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heads up: The Billion Mile Giveaway starts August 1

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Since the vast majority did not get the Giveaway miles (including yours truly), let's not flood this thread with "Not me"s -- Let's let the lucky ones gloat in their glory.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

And as for the mystery postings -- What are they labeled?
" Your-exclusive-offer " is the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...30-2016-a.html
May one of the lucky ones can post the label for their reward.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold Club
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Guessing you're joking, but for others I think has to be over $600 to require tax declaration.
Correct.

I also won 5,000, although the email must have been sent to the spam folder... lol
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
Date Description Activity
11/22/2016 2nd Prize Billion Mile Giveaway Winner 5,000
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Miles just posted! ^
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Miles posted 11/22/16 ^
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3.01MM, Global Entry, RCC LIFETIME (pd $2k in '90)), HH GOLD, Pan Am Clipper Club Lifetime
I won 5,000 miles�� what's strange is that I only used the card ONE TIME during the qualification period.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
5,000 miles for me!
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mduell
We're a month beyond the claimed drawing date, and weeks beyond the date they were supposed to make the winners available. I'm starting to think it was all a ruse to encourage spend on the MPE.
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Maybe some folks gamed the system and they're getting it sorted. Pure speculation.
That would be a NO.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Any where was that date promised?

All I see in the rules is the

and
to start the process of qualifying them. Other than that there is no timeline.

8 - 12 weeks or even longer is not uncommon for this sort of event.

Best to sit back and just wait. This will happen but on their timeline, not ours.

As for being a ruse, the potential penalties for not completing this are huge. It will happen.
Exactly.

Certainly gave the impression they'd be announcing winners in a timely manner, without explicitly stating it.

8-12 weeks is a sad joke.
I'm going to give you credit & say you don't enter sweepstakes very much. I've won prizes that I don't get notified for 6 months & they don't get delivered until a few months later. So your comment is a bit off.

Originally Posted by RFLP
My daughter was notified last week that she is the grand prize winner-the details are still very unclear-they will give about $7000 to defray the tax-we will see.
Congrats!!!!!

[QUOTE=marquiss22;27515710]I was shocked to see the email today, I actually won 2nd Place - 5K Miles in this promo. I am happy to be one of the 130K 2nd prize winners

Originally Posted by as219
I'm a 5K winner as well! Who wouldda thunk it?
Congrats to you both!

My coworker won the 5k too. Nothin for me.
Happy for your co-worker! However, not so much sympathy for you given the posts above where I quote you kvetching because they didn't respond in a couple of days. Not to point out there were millions of entries. The odds of multiple (any) FTers were slim. FTers are not the whole universe LOL.

For those that said they didn't trust United, etc, this is all done above board/follow legal stuff, etc, you're off base. Sweepstakes in the U.S. are highly regulated. No legit corp/sweeps is going to screw over folk because they'll be in a boatload of trouble legal wise & end up paying penalties.

PS - For those who are interested in travel sweepstakes, FT has a forum for that: Free Travel Contests & Sweepstakes

If you're interested in travel sweeps, please follow in the above link & not in this thread (unless your comments are related to this sweeps specifically).

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Nov 24, 2016 at 9:16 pm
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
5,000 miles for me. Yeah!
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
11/22/2016 2nd Prize Billion Mile Giveaway Winner 5,000

Only used MP Explorer a few times and just once after got Chase CSR to keep small balance for credit card bureau reporting purpose, won't use much next year either since I got approved for 100k bonus AMXP Platinum card yesterday
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
5,000 miles for me too. And the miles have posted.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
My Wife won 25,000!

I got zip.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM
5,000 miles for me, posted to my account the 22nd
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Win or not, remember to cancel your MPE if you were just waiting on the results of this giveaway.

Canceled mine on Wednesday.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

United Billion Mile Giveaway Sweepstakes for United MileagePlus Winners

Just received the email containing the list of winners. Totally forgot about this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.