Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
promo link
Terms and Conditions

* For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline or a MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry-standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone.

** For this promotion, bonus award miles will be awarded for each spending milestone that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Milestone bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain milestone. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by United MileagePlus® in its discretion and considered final.

Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
Registration is required by November 15, 2016. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
Ticketing and dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016.
Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier® status.
This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.

<redacted e-ticket verbiage>

If you received complimentary Premier status:

Your complimentary status is one level higher than the MileagePlus membership status reflected in your MileagePlus account on May 7, 2016. Your status will be not be increased to any other level in connection with this offer. If flights taken prior to May 7, 2016, are credited to your account after May 7, 2016, and result in you meeting the qualification requirements for a higher Premier status, your status will not be complimentarily upgraded again. Qualifying for a higher status level than the complimentary status awarded in connection with this offer requires meeting the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
The complimentary status is valid through January 31, 2017.
A Premier membership card and kit will be not issued for the complimentary status period. Your new benefits will be reflected in your Mileage Plus account once you log in and you may enjoy Premier benefits on United- or United Express-operated flights by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in.
During the complimentary status period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United's partner airlines, including access to Star Alliance lounges.
Members will not receive Regional Premier Upgrades as part of this offer unless the published qualification thresholds for Premier Platinum status have been earned in the current year.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

If you received an Economy Plus subscription:

The Economy Plus® subscription can be used only on flights operated by United and United Express in the 48 contiguous U.S. states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
The Economy Plus subscription is complimentary, and will not result in the subscriber earning Premier qualifying dollars. The subscription is neither changeable nor transferable.
The Economy Plus subscription is valid through January 31, 2017, and can be used to request an Economy Plus seat at no cost on flights between May 10, 2016, and January 31, 2017. Any flights taken after January 31, 2017, will not qualify under the Economy Plus subscription.
Economy Plus seats on qualifying flights can be selected on united.com at booking, after booking before check-in, during check-in or at a check-in kiosk in the airport. Economy Plus seat assignments are not guaranteed.
The subscriber's MileagePlus number must be included in the reservation in order to receive the subscription benefits.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

<UA MP rules redacted>
Print Wikipost

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I passed my 2nd 2 weeks ago and nothing yet. First one posted less than a week later but they back-date it so it is hard to know when it posted unless one checks every day.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
On Saturday I completed the flights that put me over Thresholds 1 and 2, the miles posted today (but backdated to Saturday). So 3-4 days for those goals to post on this end.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Here2There
Did not get the email. But clicking the link my offer:

$500---8000 miles
$1000---11000miles
$2500---19000miles
This is what I have.

My final flight of the year is tomorrow, and I will end up at ... (drumroll) ... $2496.

Given the flight is already sold-out in Y, I suppose a GG BUYUP will be extremely expensive.

Any other way to eek out an extra $4 without flying?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
This is what I have.

My final flight of the year is tomorrow, and I will end up at ... (drumroll) ... $2496.

Given the flight is already sold-out in Y, I suppose a GG BUYUP will be extremely expensive.

Buy-up to e+?

EDIT: never mind, missed that it was sold out in Y.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: United Silver
This is what I have.

Would buying WI-FI or something along those lines count?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I've bought wifi a few times, and it doesn't.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
This is what I have.

SDC to a different flight at a slightly expensive rate should do it.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Keeps telling me my account isn't authorized for this offer

I have completed the first mile stone and second this weekend.

I guess asking if United It is having issues, cause that is pretty much business as usual
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: UA - GS 8 years 1K - many!!, Mariott - Titanium, Hilton - Gold, Avis - President, Hertz - President
170,000 Miles at $24,000 Additional Spend

I am close to wrapping this up - two credits of 34,000 and 51,000 miles were recently credited.

Not a bad deal for free miles to use for flights !!!
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K
As soon as my PQD post from yesterday's flight, I'll have completed all three- totalling 56k miles. Not as generous as others, but that's half the miles I just spent on the family's trip to Aspen this winter. Not bad.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: UA MM
I just finished mine, 59K miles for $4k spend. I will admit the promo worked for me, as I recently did a trip to Japan and I flew UA metal (as opposed to ANA) business class for the sake of getting bonus. The miles post a few days late but are back dated.

Interesting to see the disparity in the offers. I, platinum and MM'er, got 59K with $4K spend. My son, who's just gold (and got status for the first time this year) was offered 86K miles for $7.5K spend (not going to make that)
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I have FT to thank for this, as I never got an email from UA, but was able to follow a link to sign up.

Just crossed some threshold (as a shock to all here, I have no memory of what my target was) and received 29,000 bonus miles.......
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA MM
Well as I posted above I crossed my third threshold with a flight on Sunday. As of today (Friday) if I look at "check your progress" link in the email, it shows me as completing the third milestone. Miles have not credited yet (I am not stressing that yet). But today I got an email saying "Congrats, you passed your 2nd milestone, spend another $900 and you'll meet your third milestone". Go figure
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Today my wife received an email titled "Now that you've registered, fly toward your milestones" that showed her milestones with no apparent progress. She'S been registered for about two months and the actual status page shows progress towards her first milestone.

At the same time I received an email titled "Congratulations, you've reached your second milestone" - which I reached several weeks ago. But at least the $$ are correct in that email.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Today my wife received an email titled "Now that you've registered, fly toward your milestones" that showed her milestones with no apparent progress. She'S been registered for about two months and the actual status page shows progress towards her first milestone.

At the same time I received an email titled "Congratulations, you've reached your second milestone" - which I reached several weeks ago. But at least the $$ are correct in that email.
The lag is enormous. I got a "Congratulations on reaching your third milestone" email today, and I got the miles at least a month ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.