Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
promo link
Terms and Conditions

* For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline or a MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry-standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone.

** For this promotion, bonus award miles will be awarded for each spending milestone that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Milestone bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain milestone. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by United MileagePlus® in its discretion and considered final.

Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
Registration is required by November 15, 2016. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
Ticketing and dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016.
Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier® status.
This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.

<redacted e-ticket verbiage>

If you received complimentary Premier status:

Your complimentary status is one level higher than the MileagePlus membership status reflected in your MileagePlus account on May 7, 2016. Your status will be not be increased to any other level in connection with this offer. If flights taken prior to May 7, 2016, are credited to your account after May 7, 2016, and result in you meeting the qualification requirements for a higher Premier status, your status will not be complimentarily upgraded again. Qualifying for a higher status level than the complimentary status awarded in connection with this offer requires meeting the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
The complimentary status is valid through January 31, 2017.
A Premier membership card and kit will be not issued for the complimentary status period. Your new benefits will be reflected in your Mileage Plus account once you log in and you may enjoy Premier benefits on United- or United Express-operated flights by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in.
During the complimentary status period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United's partner airlines, including access to Star Alliance lounges.
Members will not receive Regional Premier Upgrades as part of this offer unless the published qualification thresholds for Premier Platinum status have been earned in the current year.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

If you received an Economy Plus subscription:

The Economy Plus® subscription can be used only on flights operated by United and United Express in the 48 contiguous U.S. states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
The Economy Plus subscription is complimentary, and will not result in the subscriber earning Premier qualifying dollars. The subscription is neither changeable nor transferable.
The Economy Plus subscription is valid through January 31, 2017, and can be used to request an Economy Plus seat at no cost on flights between May 10, 2016, and January 31, 2017. Any flights taken after January 31, 2017, will not qualify under the Economy Plus subscription.
Economy Plus seats on qualifying flights can be selected on united.com at booking, after booking before check-in, during check-in or at a check-in kiosk in the airport. Economy Plus seat assignments are not guaranteed.
The subscriber's MileagePlus number must be included in the reservation in order to receive the subscription benefits.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

<UA MP rules redacted>
Print Wikipost

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
i'm $2 short of my third milestone.

$8,000=37,000 miles
$12,000=56,000 miles
$16,000=93,000 miles
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by jasonp622
i'm $2 short of my third milestone.

$8,000=37,000 miles
$12,000=56,000 miles
$16,000=93,000 miles
Last month we booked SFO-LAS mid week for $39 x 2. Even our comp upgrades as Gold cleared! Came back LAS-SJC on SWA $69 for my ticket. $0.00 for Mr Lainys using companion pass.

Depends on whether you think the extra hoopla is worth 93,000 points to you?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
E+ anyone?

Originally Posted by gcashin
Any experience on whether dollars spent on E+ seats end up counting towards the promo spend? ... Looks like I may be a few dollars short of my last threshold, so if E+ spend counted, that would help to get a few dollars...
Anyone get, or not get, E+ PQD for this promo? I also may end up a few dollars short and would rather buy a cheap E+ seat than get nothing from an up fare.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:32 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Originally Posted by tht
My experience seems to be similar.

I had emails turned off for United so I never got this offer, but an advert for it came up in my Facebook feed last night. I signed in and got:

$3,000 for 59,000
$6,000 for 88,000
$15,000 for 146,000

I have had no status on UA since 2014, but was 1K/CO Plat since about 2008 before, and have just been burning miles since then....

I did have a paid flight in business to India on UA/LH in March this year, so I have YTD PQD of around $4k. It was on UA ticket but 3 segments were on LH. So it does look like the $ amount for the lowest level is around my current spend this year.

I may end up with another flight to India before the deadlaine, so will need to make sure I get more of it on UA Metal to see if I can get to the $3k, I also need to meet the 4 segment minimum to get what would be Gold with a 2nd trip.
So I ended up booking another trip to India, managed to get EWR-FRA on UA metal and on the way back had to do FRA-LHR(LH)-EWR(UA). It is all business booked in P, looking at the UA PQD that is only 1888 for the 2 UA segments (so $1113 shy of the first bonus). I also noticed that despite only having these 2 india trip and 1 LGA-ORD that once I hit 4 UA segments on the next trip I will get silver, and once I arrive in India Gold for the return. It actually looks like I am only about 5k PQM short from platinum as well. I assume if I change flights and it is a more expensive that will count as revenue fro the promo? Will change fees count?

I looked at buying miles / PQM, I actually have an OK offer on a later award flight, but my read is that would only get me Plat and miles, and no PQD.

The connections I have FRA-LHR-EWR are both tight, so a new routing may be an option, but fare difference seems pretty high now, if I call can they just change/upfare the FRA-EWR segment? when I look at change online it changes the fare class on all the segments on that leg, I call can they just change / reprice the FRA-EWR part?

Anyone have any smart ideas how to get over the line for both the promo and plat? Without additional trip before Nov 30.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Just to be clear the: The flights actually have to be completed in the promotion period, right, so there's no advantage to a trip that begins before but ends after (e.g. booking a RT that begins before the 30th but returns after the 30th) v. two one way itineraries, right?

I'm going to be dangerously close to (but in all likelihood miss thanks to some trips that were delayed) the milestone. Lately I've been booking one way itineraries to deal with how broken the change flights tool is and how often I wind up changing tickets, but for a trip at the end of November it will begin before the promo period ends, but end after.

If I were able to make the entire trip count I'd hit the milestone with plenty of padding. With only the outbound it would be by the skin of my teeth if at all. (I'm about $1200 to go to a $13,500 milestone)
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
The PDQs for any eligible flight that takes off before midnight 11/30 should count regardless of what other flights are in your itinerary.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:14 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by megalab
The PDQs for any eligible flight that takes off before midnight 11/30 should count regardless of what other flights are in your itinerary.
Minor tweak -- any segment with a scheduled departure time prior to the deadline will be counted.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
United itself is pretty sloppy with their language.

"To be eligible, flights must be purchased after registration and flown before November 30, 2016."

"before November 30" to me at least means not after November 29. In another place on that same page they use "through November 30"/.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
If my wife purchases an E+ subscription today, would she earn any PQDs that would count towards this promo? She only needs to spend $500 for 8,000 bonus miles whereas I have to spend $2500 to earn 12,000 bonus miles, crazy!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by JaysonW
If my wife purchases an E+ subscription today, would she earn any PQDs that would count towards this promo? She only needs to spend $500 for 8,000 bonus miles whereas I have to spend $2500 to earn 12,000 bonus miles, crazy!
E+ subscription counts as PQD towards Premier Status, but I believe the only PQD that qualifies for this promotion is from UA/UX-operated flights.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Yahoo, hit the first and second milestone with the itin I completed yesterday.

Both my 1K status and this promo's milestones were updated about 32 hours after I completed my longhaul.

Waiting on an extra 80k miles to hit my MP account.

I'm $4k short of milestone 4 and refuse to do another Asia trip, so I'll have to settle for 80k extra instead of 160k. But I have had enough travel this year. (I know it's heresy to say it, but I'm saying it! LOL)
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
What is the ETA on the extra RDM arriving? I think I should be blowing through my first 2 tiers in a few weeks.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
What is the ETA on the extra RDM arriving? ....
1st and 2nd tier bonus seem to post fairly (days) soon, some longer delays reported on the 3th tier.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
What is the ETA on the extra RDM arriving? I think I should be blowing through my first 2 tiers in a few weeks.
1st took 3 days for me 2nd took 5 days.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
1st took 3 days for me 2nd took 5 days.
I'm passing both (1st and 2nd) on the same weekend, so will keep an eye out for posting within ~1 calendar week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.