Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United confirmation / e-receipt email address, delays & delivery issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club

This morning I purchased a ticket on the United website. I never got the confirmation or the e receipt email I usually get almost instantaneously. I called in and they said they know of no issues. The res agent sent the e receipt again but I still don't have it or the confirmation email. The agent transferred me to the IT person (also a res agent she said) who said in a mantra like way they are now telling passengers they can expect these emails within 24 hours. I also had a problem with emailed boarding passes on a flight yesterday. It was on auto check-in but I never got a you are checked in email. The evening before the flight I requested the boarding pass for printing by email using the online check in function and did not get it until after I got to the airport and was checked in via kiosk the next morning. Again, I recall, that usually came instantaneously in the past. I called in and the res agent said she knew of no issues. She offered to check me in again even though I was already checked in. Has anybody else experienced this? I have seen no announcement of a change. The website is silent on the timing of email confirmation, e receipt, and and boarding pass timing. My past experience is that it was almost instantaneous.
Old May 6, 2016, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
None. UA is generally instantaneous, both as to e-ticket confirmation and BP's. Only exception is if there is OA travel booked as that can take up to 72 hours (but that is intentional and up to the other carriers, not UA).

If you are experiencing problems with e-ticket receipts, go online and see if you can pull up the record and find your e-ticket receipt that way. Print that. But, until you have an e-ticket receipt, you are right to be concerned.
Old May 6, 2016, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

The res is there but I can't get it to email the receipt even if I do the online request. Chase has paid the money and instantly acknowledged same (to same mac.com email). The agent I called resent it but it has not yet arrived. My email working fine otherwise. I think they have changed the way they send them out. I usually get a confirmation immediately and an e receipt in minutes. There is definitely something going on with emails from United.

Last edited by iquitos; May 8, 2016 at 11:03 am
Old May 6, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by iquitos
The res is there but I can't get it to email the receipt even if I do the online request. Chase has paid the money and instantly acknowledged same. The agent I called resent it but it has not yet arrived. My email working fine. I think they have changed the way they send them out. I usually get a confirmation immediately and an e receipt in minutes. There is definitely something going on with emails from United.
If you are concerned whether you have a confirmed ticket or not, go to the Manage Reservations page on the United Web site and see if it says "This reservation has been ticketed and confirmed" under the reservation. If it does, then you are fine. If it says something different, then you should call in.
Old May 6, 2016, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I've had issues on occasion, but usually its normal.

The times that seem to be consistent:

- I have never ever received the regular confirmation email (your purchase has been confirmed) when booking through the UA app (never an issue when booked from the regular website).
- The email receipt function shows up but doesn't work on the app if you haven't been ticketed yet - really - they should hide that option if its not supposed to be available like they do on the website. Examples are just after purchase but before the ticket has been issued, or if you have a held (Farelocked) reservation

I've had occasions where the email receipt link (on the regular site or app) hasn't worked, but usually, just wait a bit, then try again and it works.

It is Friday evening, when UA typically starts their weekend update (schedule changes, etc.), so perhaps that is affecting that delivery or a pending change on your flights. If this is the case, I'd think it should work again by mid-late morning.
Old May 6, 2016, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Still no e-receipt email

Still no email at 2 am my time. When I purchase a ticket on United I ALWAYS get an email confirming the reservation followed shortly by the E receipt. One starts out: Thank you for choosing United
information
We are processing your reservation and will send you an eTicket Itinerary and Receipt email once completed. This process usually takes less than an hour; however, in rare cases it could take longer. The next one:
Receipt for confirmation XYXYXY. For the res I purchased this am i got nothing so far. it is in the system but no email. I know how the system is supposed to work. I am wondering why it has suddenly changed.

Last edited by iquitos; May 7, 2016 at 12:06 am
Old May 7, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Used UA website today to book and received the email/receipt in about 2 minutes.
Old May 7, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
I have also been having major email issues with UA lately - the last week or two, no emails at all. Even when I hit resend on a receipt.

You wouldn't by chance have an @icloud.com (or @me.com or @mac.com) would you?
Old May 7, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
No confirmation or receipt emails from my purchase earlier this week. iCloud user here.
Old May 7, 2016, 7:32 am

Emails have been pretty hit and miss for me over the last couple of months. They used to be almost instantaneous but now I would say about half don't ever make it to my mailbox.
Old May 7, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by Often1
None. UA is generally instantaneous, both as to e-ticket confirmation and BP's. Only exception is if there is OA travel booked as that can take up to 72 hours (but that is intentional and up to the other carriers, not UA).

If you are experiencing problems with e-ticket receipts, go online and see if you can pull up the record and find your e-ticket receipt that way. Print that. But, until you have an e-ticket receipt, you are right to be concerned.
Sorry but that's just not true. UA sends an incomplete "booking confirmation" but it lacks the exact flight details, it can take 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 2 hours or never to get an actual ticket issued.
Old May 7, 2016, 10:27 am

On a booking I made last week, the e-receipt and booking confirmation email took about 3 hours to arrive in my Gmail. In the meantime, appeared in my MP account on .bomb and editable in the app as well.

As I use a third-party trip tracker (most easily populated via automated e-receipt forwarding), this delay was frustrating.
Old May 7, 2016, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by physioprof
If you are concerned whether you have a confirmed ticket or not, go to the Manage Reservations page on the United Web site and see if it says "This reservation has been ticketed and confirmed" under the reservation. If it does, then you are fine. If it says something different, then you should call in.
I am aware of that. I want to know why no emails as before. United customer relations apparatus is impenetrable. I wonder about the emails. I am not getting any. I think there is a systems issue at United. Is anyone else experiencing it?

Originally Posted by entropy
Sorry but that's just not true. UA sends an incomplete "booking confirmation" but it lacks the exact flight details, it can take 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 2 hours or never to get an actual ticket issued.
United IT told me yesterday it can take up to 24 hours for the emails. In my case it has been more than that.

Originally Posted by jsl42
No confirmation or receipt emails from my purchase earlier this week. iCloud user here.
same here.

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
I have also been having major email issues with UA lately - the last week or two, no emails at all. Even when I hit resend on a receipt.

yes.

Last edited by iquitos; May 8, 2016 at 10:50 am Reason: Multiple post - please use multi quote feature
Old May 7, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Have you checked your junk mail folder?
Old May 7, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by milepig
Have you checked your junk mail folder?
That's not it.

Something is going on with iCloud mail's filters. They're catching legitimate mail at the perimeter and not delivering it.

Crap; this is exactly what I was afraid of. This is the second site that I'm having known issues with; curious what else I'm missing.

Thanks for the confirmation folks - 3/3 on folks having issues all using iCloud mail.

Ok I'll reach out to Apple and see what I can find out.

I firmly believe this is something on Apple's side as I have at least one other site where mail is not working and I have access to the admin on their side.

Thanks,

-- Dennis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.