Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TCVA + "Based on your current selections, United payment types are not available"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TCVA + "Based on your current selections, United payment types are not available"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:10 pm

"Based on your current selections, United payment types not available" I got this msg on the United payment page, while trying to use a United Club VISA, NOT a voucher. My payment would not process. I switched from iPad to Windows 10 - no go. I switched browsers on Windows 10, no go. I called Reservations, he had no idea and transferred me to Tech Support who might be able to interpret what that cryptic note meant. A live person at Tech Support answered, then the line went blank. I called Reservations again, and she decided to book me herself. All was OK, until she tried the payment. It seemed like Hawaiian Airlines was blocking the payment (I was booking all flights thru United). She could not make the payment go through at the price she (and the United website) had quoted me. She thought she could make it go through if my connection in HNL was increased to 4 hrs and I paid more money. I have never encountered this situation before, where I am quoted a price, complete the booking, but am blocked from paying by a partner airline.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
When you get to the payment page choose the "Cash" option and choose the ticket office option. This should generate a PNR on hold which you can then call to finalize.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Welcome to Ft, Teton Cowgirl!

Did you ever enter a TCVA number at any point in the reservation process?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If no voucher is involved, why not try booking with an OTA?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:52 am

Renni

I am having the same issue with my TCVA promotion codes. I have attempted several different scenarios of destinations and dates and each time receive the same message that my choices are not eligible for United Payment Types, but no explanation as to why and what changes would need to happen to make my choice eligible.

Any ideas?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:01 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, Renni Whitman Ferguson

Originally Posted by Renni Whitman Ferguson
I am having the same issue with my TCVA promotion codes. I have attempted several different scenarios of destinations and dates and each time receive the same message that my choices are not eligible for United Payment Types, but no explanation as to why and what changes would need to happen to make my choice eligible. ...
Are all the flights UA operated?
Are you using an US Dollar credit card?

Some additional info on your purchase culdhelp debug this issue.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Sorry to bump this up, but I'm running into the "Based on your current selections, United payment types are not available" issue.

The itinerary is a simple EWR-EZE-EWR Round-Trip with GPUs applied at time of booking...2 flights both on United metal...nothing weird.

I have multiple TCVA certs that I need to burn and have no idea why it's giving the error.

Any ideas?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msg75
Sorry to bump this up, but I'm running into the "Based on your current selections, United payment types are not available" issue.

The itinerary is a simple EWR-EZE-EWR Round-Trip with GPUs applied at time of booking...2 flights both on United metal...nothing weird.

I have multiple TCVA certs that I need to burn and have no idea why it's giving the error.

Any ideas?
Try booking without GPUs and then apply immediately after booking?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The itinerary is a simple EWR-EZE-EWR Round-Trip with GPUs applied at time of booking...2 flights both on United metal...nothing weird....
Delete the GPU request and apply the GPUs after booking. Generally the best procedure anyways.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

Any ideas?
another note: you can only use one TCVA per pax on itin. So if it’s just you, you won’t be able to burn ‘multiple’. If you call reservations, I beleive it’s standard practice now to combine them into one, but you’ll need to do that first to use them all at once.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Delete the GPU request and apply the GPUs after booking. Generally the best procedure anyways.
Got it thanks I'll give it a shot.

Also is it correct that if I add on a non-United metal flight to the itinerary that would disallow the use of the certs? ie EWR-EZE-MDZ-EZE-EWR (EZE-MDZ-EZE on Aerolineas but booked as a single itinerary on united.com)
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:16 pm

... Also is it correct that if I add on a non-United metal flight to the itinerary that would disallow the use of the certs? ...
But you should be able to add a non-UA flight post ticketing within the 24-hour free change window.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:36 pm

Bump. Can a travel credit be used for another person other than yourself or are they non-transferrable?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Bump. Can a travel credit be used for another person other than yourself or are they non-transferrable?
You can use it for anyone.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Can be used for anyone. Your question belongs to this thread: UA Electronic Travel Certificates (ETC): Q&A, OK for partners, 2 year life (Dec 2022)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.