Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Reinstates 13 Hong Kong Based Flight Attendants!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Reinstates 13 Hong Kong Based Flight Attendants!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Who cares I don't feel one bit sorry for them. Hope they are at the bottom of the list they don't deserve to come back with their original seniority
JOSECONLSCREW28 - I agree with you.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by tuolumne
Completely unnecessary. I also have spoken to one of them, and you're so off base it's making my head spin. Just ridiculous.
And your point is? I could care less if you know them my issue is they made a big deal over something that wasn't that big of issue they whine and complain and get their jobs back yet several other FAs have been terminated for far less stupid things. And this is nothing to do with what they did it's because the sUA AFA is trying to get as many members as they can. Just like last year most of this year's New hire FAs will be sCO with a handful of classes going to sUA. And the sUA AFA knows this pretty soon the sCO side will outnumber sUA.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:35 pm

I'm sure these were fine FAs but my issue with them was not believing what the captain said (deeming the aircraft safe) and then going to the union and complaining about it. I don't think they should be coming back at all but whatever but if they get to come back bring back all the other FAs that got terminated for no good reason.

I'm sure these were fine FAs but my issue with them was not believing what the captain said (deeming the aircraft safe) and then going to the union and complaining about it. I don't think they should be coming back at all but whatever but if they get to come back bring back all the other FAs that got terminated for no good reason.
Jose, I'd appreciate your giving a generic example, if you could, of what a termination for no good reason would consist of? That would help me to understand where you're coming from on this thread.

And post MH370 and 4U9525, I would not want to put the pilots up on a godlike pedestal when it comes to the sole authority over the aircraft's safety.

Originally Posted by transportprof
Jose, I'd appreciate your giving a generic example, if you could, of what a termination for no good reason would consist of? That would help me to understand where you're coming from on this thread.

And post MH370 and 4U9525, I would not want to put the pilots up on a godlike pedestal when it comes to the sole authority over the aircraft's safety.
Example not wearing the apron during service or you know using your personal phone while on the plane stupid reasons basically . We the FAs don't have the luxury of doing a walk around which is why I would believe what the captain says over my fellow FAs. Not mad their back but not thrilled either.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 8, 2016 at 8:47 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Probably best to stick with what you know rather than comment on a personnel situation in which you had no point of involvement. There are mechanisms in place for people to resolve a dispute. The employees used those mechanisms and the situation is not resolved--personal opinions matter little.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Example not wearing the apron during service or you know using your personal phone while on the plane stupid reasons basically . We the FAs don't have the luxury of doing a walk around which is why I would believe what the captain says over my fellow FAs. Not mad their back but not thrilled either.
I don't mean to split hairs here but there are quite a few people on your side of the house too (sCO) that are experts at flipping through magazines or glued to their smart phones. Should they get canned as well?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
I don't mean to split hairs here but there are quite a few people on your side of the house too (sCO) that are experts at flipping through magazines or glued to their smart phones. Should they get canned as well?
I was referring to both sides getting canned for such stupid reasons .
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA GS
All this sCO and sUA bs by the FAs needs to stop. Childish doesn't even express it. Maybe they should fire them all and offer the jobs back to the ones that can and want to perform a decent job.
I had a great crew Sunday night and then found out they normally fly internationally. There are good apples and bad apples on both sides.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:09 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Since the situation is resolved there seems to be little point to continuing the discussion.

Safe Travels,

J.Edward
UA forum co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.