Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA to launch SFO - HGH service (Hangzhou, China) {Service terminated 14 Oct 2017}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA to launch SFO - HGH service (Hangzhou, China) {Service terminated 14 Oct 2017}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by emcampbe
[...] (like with NZ when they seasonally canceled AUK flights)
Why does everyone want to go to Alakanuk?
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by cagcag
bus from hgh to pvg airport then gum-hnl-sfo, maybe?
That's about 3 hours. Train is much faster than that, though it would take about an hour to get from the train station to the airport in PVG. Nonetheless, the train ride is much more comfortable.

UA flies to PVG, so they can open up space on their metal.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
I probably could have pushed for something more, but I had UA change my cancelled (revenue) HGH-SFO leg to CTU-SFO a few days later. We'll just extend our vacation, using points to get from HGH to CTU, and get a chance to see some pandas!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by alleony
I booked three Saver Award tickets from SFO-HGH in Dec, 2017 two months ago. Yesterday, United left me an voicemail that the segment of SFO-HGH would be cancelled, and asked me to call back to change it to PVG or have a stop at PEK or somewhere else.

I checked online that there were no more Saver Award tickets available to HGH near my desired date even with stops. Can I request for a itinerary with Saver Awards? Or should we just fly to PVG, and ask for transportation compensation from PVG to HGH?

Any suggestion?
It sounds like UA has finally sorted out what they're doing as far as rebooking people. You should be able to choose from:

(a) positive space (original class of service) on any legal or reasonable routing to PVG on UA metal
(b) positive space (original class of service) on any legal or reasonable routing to PEK on UA metal, plus positive space on CA PEK-HGH.
(c) other alternate China airports, on UA metal, that you can get an agent to agree to
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:24 am

I called then the final solution is (b), just add one more stop to PEK, then take CA from PEK-HGH.

Originally Posted by findark
It sounds like UA has finally sorted out what they're doing as far as rebooking people. You should be able to choose from:

(a) positive space (original class of service) on any legal or reasonable routing to PVG on UA metal
(b) positive space (original class of service) on any legal or reasonable routing to PEK on UA metal, plus positive space on CA PEK-HGH.
(c) other alternate China airports, on UA metal, that you can get an agent to agree to
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by alleony
I called then the final solution is (b), just add one more stop to PEK, then take CA from PEK-HGH.
If the return is HGH-PEK-(USA), be sure to leave a lot of extra connection time in PEK. Domestic flights in China are subject to numerous delays, especially those going to PEK or PVG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.