Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA to launch SFO - HGH service (Hangzhou, China) {Service terminated 14 Oct 2017}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA to launch SFO - HGH service (Hangzhou, China) {Service terminated 14 Oct 2017}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Beginning July 13th UA intends to launch 3x weekly service between San Francisco & Hangzhou China using a 787-9 aircraft.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:54 am

they can definitely draw traffic from PVG here... nice
Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I think that flight would do well. Don't see a press release---is this a rumor or do you have evidence?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I will book this flight for Spring Festival 2017. I hope that United will also fly to Hangzhou from Newark (the other four days of the week).
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Wow, nice move by United.

I guess this means they have given up on their seasonal second daily SFO-PVG this summer. In which case it really makes sense for them.^

Still wondering if they will ever launch SZX or CAN.....
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by uanj

I guess this means they have given up on their seasonal second daily SFO-PVG this summer. In which case it really makes sense for them.^

THAT would be awesome.

HGH is still a good move for the China route network.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Well it is interesting that UA is expanding into secondary cities in China, such as CTU and XIY, and now HGH, but seems to have no desire to offer a NRT-BKK service, even 3 times a week.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Well it is interesting that UA is expanding into secondary cities in China, such as CTU and XIY, and now HGH, but seems to have no desire to offer a NRT-BKK service, even 3 times a week.
It seems like they are actively trying to decrease the 5th Freedom flights (which I think is a mistake, but I'm not the planner). Would think SFO-BKK, if doable, would come first.

To second someone above - why not SZX, especially since Shenzhen Airlines is part of *A?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
It seems like they are actively trying to decrease the 5th Freedom flights (which I think is a mistake, but I'm not the planner). Would think SFO-BKK, if doable, would come first.

To second someone above - why not SZX, especially since Shenzhen Airlines is part of *A?
Maybe SZX is too close to HKG?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Great addition!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:47 am

That's a very good news! I would like to take this flight for my Spring Festival 2017 vacation!~~
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, SPG/M P75 and few from CC
Probably add 2nd PVG flt when UA857/8 goes 789 sometime in 2017?

Originally Posted by uanj

Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Wow, did not see this coming.

My colleagues in HGH mentioned to me over two years ago that an unnamed Chinese carrier was going to announce service between HGH and LAX, but I couldn't find any news anywhere to support that and AFAIK, nothing came of it. Did not expect UA to get a jump on this.

Will this be year-round or seasonal?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I wouldn't count out United potentially adding a nonstop SFO-BKK in the near future. But, they view offering NRT-BKK as unnecessary because ANA operates this flight as well and they can simply give ANA these passengers and use their own aircraft elsewhere.

In regards to the new HGH-SFO route, really impressed at UA's pace in China. CTU, XIY, now HGH. What's next?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DA201
I wouldn't count out United potentially adding a nonstop SFO-BKK in the near future. But, they view offering NRT-BKK as unnecessary because ANA operates this flight as well and they can simply give ANA these passengers and use their own aircraft elsewhere.

In regards to the new HGH-SFO route, really impressed at UA's pace in China. CTU, XIY, now HGH. What's next?
I guess that either Guangzhou (CAN) or Chongqing will be the next target for UA. These two cities have much larger populations than Hangzhou. CAN is close to HKG, but not as close as Shenzhen is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.