Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Wide open R/I inventory from EWR<>HAM this summer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100

Was looking to book some relatives home from summer vacation in July and noticed that just about every single day HAM-EWR is R9/I9. Good opportunity for all to fly whole family in BF on GPUs or burn 57.5k miles pp while it lasts. Must have been an equipment/schedule change that triggered the inventory spike.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
Was looking to book some relatives home from summer vacation in July and noticed that just about every single day HAM-EWR is R9/I9. Good opportunity for all to fly whole family in BF on GPUs or burn 57.5k miles pp while it lasts. Must have been an equipment/schedule change that triggered the inventory spike.
That routing, HAM-EWR, keeps coming up every time I've searched for a business saver award home from MUC. Oktoberfest timeframe. It's been coming up for the last 1.5 months. Route must not be too popular.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
since going from 752 to 763 availability to HAM has been great ... till UA figures they can't fill a 763 to HAM ever ....
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I was THRILLED to find this availability to HAM. Only way I could find for the dates I needed to get a saver business seat to and from Europe. Just couldn't act fast enough to get anything more direct. We've decided to spend some time in HAM just because of this.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Sounds like EWR-HAM has become the "new" IAD-AMS. You could almost always find award inventory in both Y/J on that flight. In fact, I was often asked at checkin if I wanted to pay-to-upgrade into J. I think one time the fee was $399.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a related note: ZRH will see for the first time 777 service this June for about a month. I would expect some good GF/BF u/g and award availability show up as well. Upgrades in that market - usually run by the 764 - have been very good, especially on midweek flights all winter long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.