Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Premium Ecomony for United Premier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Premium Ecomony for United Premier?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by TA
Actually it has happened for me. I used Google Flights to book a same-week departure SFO-MUC, and the default lowest economy option was a ticket in LH E class. There actually was a lot of discussion about it here ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...e-checkin.html ) and it turned out to be legit, no mistake.

To be more specific, the rt ticket was 016 ticket stock, but involved LH flight numbers (and was able to be ticketed as 016 because of a last segment on UA).

By the way, Lufthansa also has a bid-for-upgrade system, but I myself have never known anyone who has tried or been successful at it.

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...390&NOSSO=true
There are threads on the new bid-for-upgrade scheme on the LH forum. Lots of people have used it and been successful. My parents did a Y>PE upgrade DEN-FRA using the bid-for-upgrade system. I think that they paid $400 each for the upgrade. I would have tried to bid less.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
The OP is referencing his experience with OTHER carrier's premium economy product, as he has never flown LH.
I used to fly LH a lot as a kid. Back In the days when I would get pilots pins and crayons and toys. I remember I used to fly KLM and come home with ceramic houses with liquor inside.

I have flown Air France premium economy recently. That's what I was basing my description of the seat differences from. But I agree I may have understated the difference that it can make on a long haul.

Again, I appreciate the input from everyone.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by tdatta
I remember I used to fly KLM and come home with ceramic houses with liquor inside.
KLM still gives out the houses!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
One bad thing is you cannot book PE on LH with 016 ticket stock. Still need PQD's for 1k.
Unless something has changed recently, you certainly can do this. I did it last year for a trip where I flew UA one way (upgraded with a GPU), and then LH PE on the return. To book it though, I had to build the trip over the phone with UA. Just make sure you book one of the PE fares and you will get a seat in PE as well as the PQDs for the trip.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tdatta
At the moment I have UA Silver status. I have a trip booked with UA and LH legs. The tickets are on United stock 016. I am able to select seats for UA legs, and I understand from the forum that I will be able to select my LH seats at checkin.

I know I will be able to select a UA E+ seat at checkin. My question is will I be able to select LH Premium Economy seats for free at checkin?

And also, can I checkin for both legs simultaneously, even though the LH leg departs about 12 hours later?
There is a scenario where selecting a PE seat on LH is possible. On certain routes, LH flies PE-equipped aircraft but doesn't offer a PE fare. I've seen this twice now on the BOS-FRA route, once on a 744 and once on a 346. In these cases, you can select the PE seats just like you would normal seats. For ASR, you need to be in Q or above. For T-23 seat selection, you should be okay in all other UA fare classes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.