Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to hide reservations for friends/family?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, HA

No-joy on preemptive googling this.

Being the familial FF "guru" (VERY loosely used, especially here on FT), I often book reservations for others. No problem (well, it'd be nice if I earned the PQDs, but whatever) except their reservations are cluttering up my view of UA.com.

Any way to hide other people's reservations? (If it helps, some--but not all--of them have their own MP#, though I'm not sure how much they use the site). Or just put up with this totally minor hassle?

cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheTakeOffRush

Being the familial FF "guru" (VERY loosely used, especially here on FT), I often book reservations for others. No problem (well, it'd be nice if I earned the PQDs, but whatever) except their reservations are cluttering up my view of UA.com.

Any way to hide other people's reservations? (If it helps, some--but not all--of them have their own MP#, though I'm not sure how much they use the site). Or just put up with this totally minor hassle?

cheers.
If there was a way to "hide" these reservations, I'd worry that they would become so well hidden that no one including United would ever be able to find them again!

Count your blessings when these reservations don't disappear of their own accord.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: CX Gold

cheers.
Doesn't united.com allow you to group reservations? I find this function very convenient.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by transportprof
If there was a way to "hide" these reservations, I'd worry that they would become so well hidden that no one including United would ever be able to find them again!

Count your blessings when these reservations don't disappear of their own accord.
Yeah! That solution would be 10x worse than the problem.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
Doesn't united.com allow you to group reservations? I find this function very convenient.
That would be my solution. You can rename reservations ("Dad's New Orleans Brewers' Convention") and put them into groups with any name you choose. These names and groups only affect the web view, though. The Android app, at least, ignores them (or did, the last time I used it).
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

^
Thanks, lixiaojuventus and ajGoes for the compromise solution. Renaming each reservation then using the Combine function into a single Trip Plan worked, at least to tidy things up.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:34 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Maybe I'm not completely understanding your question, but is there any reason you need to be logged in to your account when making their reservations? If you are paying, as opposed to using your own miles to book award tickets for them, then you don't need to connect the reservation to your account at all.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cbn42
Maybe I'm not completely understanding your question, but is there any reason you need to be logged in to your account when making their reservations? If you are paying, as opposed to using your own miles to book award tickets for them, then you don't need to connect the reservation to your account at all.
$5 per booking from the united.com club is one reason to be logged in when making the booking.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by sbm12
$5 per booking from the united.com club is one reason to be logged in when making the booking.
yep!!!

beat me to it!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
? what is this. never heard of it before. I often make bookings for wife / fmaily and add their FF details later. I've not been logged in when doing this, have i been paying $5 each time?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by EWRMAN
? what is this. never heard of it before. I often make bookings for wife / fmaily and add their FF details later. I've not been logged in when doing this, have i been paying $5 each time?
The united.com Club is a "club" that one can join for $25 dollars per year. After joining, each ticket purchased on united.com adds a $5 credit to your travel bank.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...b/default.aspx
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottpenderson
The united.com Club is a "club" that one can join for $25 dollars per year. After joining, each ticket purchased on united.com adds a $5 credit to your travel bank.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...b/default.aspx
so if you join and make 5 bookings, you break even? Hmmm. Still, good to know. Had seen an old thread about this Travel Bank and figured it was long gone.

And yeah cbn42, no special reason other than staying logged in on my home computer.

uanj and sbm12, how do you access/view this Travel Bank on UA.com?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:05 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
so if you join and make 5 bookings, you break even? Hmmm. Still, good to know. Had seen an old thread about this Travel Bank and figured it was long gone. ..
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...om-club-q.html

... , how do you access/view this Travel Bank on UA.com?
Travel Bank total shows in your MP account summary and the funds are available on the payment page for bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.