Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Interesting DEN to Hawaii seat maps (showing flights with lie-flat seats in F/J)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting DEN to Hawaii seat maps (showing flights with lie-flat seats in F/J)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

I've been looking for award availability to HNL and OGG through Denver and have noticed a number of 757-200 and 777-200 aircraft operating these flights with lie flats. Is this some kind of IT error? I've never seen IPTE aircraft on these routes before?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 22, 2014 at 1:55 pm Reason: added details to thread title
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS
Summer schedule for DEN - OGG - DEN has lots of lie flats. Have flown through DEN three times so far this year for a more comfortable connection to the east coast. Have 6 more trips scheduled through DEN over the summer. Really hoping that I don't see any aircraft substitution.
Haven't been following DEN-HNL-DEN.

The few instances that I flew OGG - DEN last year were not lie flats.

Last edited by LAXOGG; Jun 22, 2014 at 1:01 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Interesting DEN to Hawaii seat maps

I've been tracking den/ogg as well the lie flats go into next year in most cases, winter to lih is still showing mostly lie flats on Saturday flights, but be warned this past year they swapping equipment about 6 weeks out in every case.

Hnl for summer months has been 3 class 777 for two years now, usually June through end of July
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Summer schedule for DEN - OGG - DEN has lots of lie flats. Have flown through DEN three times so far this year for a more comfortable connection to the east coast. Have 6 more trips scheduled through DEN over the summer. Really hoping that I don't see any aircraft substitution.
Haven't been following DEN-HNL-DEN.

The few instances that I flew OGG - DEN last year were not lie flats.
The lie flats usually book up quickly from DEN. I have a lot more trouble making changes when they are in the system (not a complaint).

I fly UA when there are lie flats, and take the dog on AS when there are no lie flats.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I've been tracking den/ogg as well the lie flats go into next year in most cases...
No. The route goes back to sUA at summer's end, I forgot what date I was told. I talked to the sUA crew just before they switched over to the sCO 752. sUA gets it back, bringing back the 752 w/ 24 F seats..
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
No. The route goes back to sUA at summer's end, I forgot what date I was told. I talked to the sUA crew just before they switched over to the sCO 752. sUA gets it back, bringing back the 752 w/ 24 F seats..
Wife and I have lie-flats on DEN-HNL and return in July on a three class 777 and then also on a 752 DEN-OGG over the Christmas holidays. Sure hope they don't switch those out.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mander
Wife and I have lie-flats on DEN-HNL and return in July on a three class 777 and then also on a 752 DEN-OGG over the Christmas holidays. Sure hope they don't switch those out.
In the fall (Oct-Nov). it's definitely not lie-flat. Maybe they switch back for Xmas holidays.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by smsu
.... I've never seen IPTE aircraft on these routes before?....
A bit of a nitpick.

Strictly speaking IPTE aircraft are/were 3-class (sUA) aircraft, so no 2-class aircraft are IPTE.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
A bit of a nitpick.

Strictly speaking IPTE aircraft are/were 3-class (sUA) aircraft, so no 2-class aircraft are IPTE.
The OP never actually refers to IPTE on the 757 or any 2 cabin plane. Just that he's seeing planes with lie flats on the DEN-HI routes, and has never seen IPTE on the route before (allowing that he has seen the sCO LFBF on the DEN-HI routes before).
Old Jun 22, 2014, 2:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mduell
The OP never actually refers to IPTE on the 757 or any 2 cabin plane. Just that he's seeing planes with lie flats on the DEN-HI routes, and has never seen IPTE on the route before (allowing that he has seen the sCO LFBF on the DEN-HI routes before).
This is hardly worth a debate but when one says I have noticed something and had not seen xxx before, it is a common to assume one is is connecting the two thoughts. I see little need to have further debate on that -- but the OP can correct my assumption.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This is hardly worth a debate but when one says I have noticed something and had not seen xxx before, it is a common to assume one is is connecting the two thoughts. I see little need to have further debate on that -- but the OP can correct my assumption.
My mistake, WineCountryUA. I erroneously referred to the 2-cabin CO 757 as IPTE.

Thanks to FlyinHawaiian for adding more detail to the title. And thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts.

I'll be going back and forth between the mainland and OGG a couple times this summer and will have to try out the lie-flat product out of DEN.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:53 am

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I want to know how likely it is that these DEN flights will stick with lie-flats over the Xmas holidays? I'm booked DEN-LIH on a 752 with lie-flats and would be gutted if this changes to the 24-seat cabin for a 7hr 45 flight.

I know that nobody can say for certain, but in the past if it's scheduled months out with one particular plane type, does it usually stick? Did it all stay with lie-flats over the summer schedules?

It's important to me as we're connecting in from IAD and could maybe switch to IAD-HNL-LIH if there's a substantial chance of the DEN equipment being swapped.

Thanks for your advice.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I have four award tickets with the DEn-HNL after Xmas and the return after the new years and they are 777 w/o lay flats.

ORiginally, they were 767/757 IIRC, but a few months ago (I had booked them in May) it changed to the 777s with no lay flats. When we went from the 3-3 Y seating to the 2-5-2, united switched us from the 1 & 3 seats to four across in the 5 section. No notification or anything. I just randomly checked the reservation and noticed it. Really classy UA. About every few weeks that I check the seats now I get a "Schedule change' when I try to look at seats. No emails or anything.

I had to call on a separate issue last night and they didn't know why I wasn't getting email updates.

When I told her that I was surprised that I didn't get a call about the changes in seating arrangements- something that I would think a 1K travelling with minors would be entitled to, she chuckled at me.

Supposedly I should be getting updates now.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:35 am

After about april 5th looks like no more lie flats available on DEN-HNL routes. Same thing happened on the HNL to SFO routes on that same day. Wonder what happened. Its a real shame
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by be001
After about april 5th looks like no more lie flats available on DEN-HNL routes. Same thing happened on the HNL to SFO routes on that same day. Wonder what happened. Its a real shame
The lie-flats do come back, but not until December from what I can tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.