Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD-MAA RT Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

IAD-MAA RT Question

Hi FT Gurus, I have a question - would greatly apppreciate your validation.
Through United Award, it costs 160k miles + $103 for business from IAD-MAA RT.
I need 88k more miles (I have 72k miles) which costs $1785 using the 75% more miles promotion. Is this a good deal? If so, should I buy the miles and then buy the ticket using those and my old miles?

If I want to buy through aeroplan (Use your Miles - Travel), I am not seeing the same tickets as in United. Why is that?

Grateful to your guidance!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:41 pm

No. Buy 8000 miles to have enough for a one way award and buy the return. EY/9W is around $1500. If you go to India annually even better, buy a return MAA-IAD-MAA for $2400 on EY/9W/EK.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
No. Buy 8000 miles to have enough for a one way award and buy the return. EY/9W is around $1500. If you go to India annually even better, buy a return MAA-IAD-MAA for $2400 on EY/9W/EK.
Thanks Erik! where are you seeing the EY/9W prices? I am not able to find it for that price.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by BIZDOCK
Thanks Erik! where are you seeing the EY/9W prices? I am not able to find it for that price.
Use ITA or google flights and play around with dates. Not all dates have that price. The Makemytrip India (not US) site might have even better prices.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
Use ITA or google flights and play around with dates. Not all dates have that price. The Makemytrip India (not US) site might have even better prices.
Thanks! I ended up using my United miles for IAD-MAA + $39. Transferred Amex MR points to Aeroplan for MAA-IAD +$389. Appreciate all the help!
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:39 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by BIZDOCK
Thanks! I ended up using my United miles for IAD-MAA + $39. Transferred Amex MR points to Aeroplan for MAA-IAD +$389. Appreciate all the help!
And with the OP's question answered and ticket purchased, I'll close this thread

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.