Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Promotion - RDMs for fare classes H and above

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA S, Marriott Gold (UA), Hertz PC (UA), HH Gold (cc), Avis PP, National EC Executive

Got an email from United 4 days ago offering the following promo:

For travel between Nov 1 and Jan 31, 2016, I earn (extra RDMs)
6k for long segments or PS in F A J C D Z P
3k for short segments in above fares
3k for long segments or PS in Y B M E U H
1k for short segments in above fares

I did not receive the Premier Service RDM / PQM / RPU promo offer.

I'm at about 70k PQM for the year and 12k PQD.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigwings8
Got an email from United 4 days ago offering the following promo:

For travel between Nov 1 and Jan 31, 2016, I earn (extra RDMs)
6k for long segments or PS in F A J C D Z P
3k for short segments in above fares
3k for long segments or PS in Y B M E U H
1k for short segments in above fares

I did not receive the Premier Service RDM / PQM / RPU promo offer.

I'm at about 70k PQM for the year and 12k PQD.
link and promo code plz?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
link and promo code plz?
The links appear to be personalized to specific recipients only. Best I can find for the promo code is "TD5101 ET01"
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
No promo for me, and I've got some P fares during that time period.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA S, Marriott Gold (UA), Hertz PC (UA), HH Gold (cc), Avis PP, National EC Executive
[removed the link I posted originally]

but subject text for email: Enclosed: Exclusive offer for flying United through January 31, 2016

Last edited by bigwings8; Oct 26, 2015 at 6:00 am Reason: actually not sure if I should post the personal link?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nothing for me either
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:34 pm

Anyone manage to collect on this offer?

Flew a Z leg two weeks ago, no bonus appeared, despite having pre-registered.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Starman
Flew a Z leg two weeks ago, no bonus appeared, despite having pre-registered.
I'm still waiting for several of these bonuses to post for paid-F/J segments flown in November. The terms and conditions on the promotion email I received state the bonus miles will post 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends (Jan 31st). so, I wouldn't worry quite yet.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I'm still waiting for several of these bonuses to post for paid-F/J segments flown in November. The terms and conditions on the promotion email I received state the bonus miles will post 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends (Jan 31st). so, I wouldn't worry quite yet.
Same here!

For all of these promos, I imagine they're going to do a batch SQL query on their database after the promo time period, rather than adding additional code to their backend that would check every flight as it's recorded. This is why it takes so long for the bonuses to post.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:47 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by bigwings8
Same here!

For all of these promos, I imagine they're going to do a batch SQL query on their database after the promo time period, rather than adding additional code to their backend that would check every flight as it's recorded. This is why it takes so long for the bonuses to post.
You'd think they'd have a generic system to check promotions when flights post. "If user matches promotion + flight matches X conditions, then award Y bonus." If their backend system was sane, I could probably implement that feature in a few hours.

But, I imagine their backend systems aren't sane and development cycles take months of COBOL development and QA.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA:1K; MR: Plat; HH: Gold: IHG: Platinum; Starwood: Gold;
Similar promo - still no points after 6-8 weeks

SO,7/22/15, UA had a targeted promo with similar terms; higher fare tickets, higher PQM. I buy a lot of A and F, so it worked out well. I selected PQM during registration, flew, and waited my 8 weeks (12/26). No points (need 3k PQM to re-qualify for 1K). I could have taken a flight X Mas week, but chose not to, because 1K service replied with

"We agree, the PQM earned from this offer should have been added to your account 6-8 weeks after the promotional period, which ended October 31. We are suggesting to give it just a little more time."

So waited, another week (January), and emailed 1K again. This time, different reply:

"Please allow this department some time to research the issue at hand."

So, at this point, I don't re-qualify for 1K because UA isn't living up to their end of the promotion. In being Diamond with DL and 1K with UA since about 2001 (ex-CO and NW Plat), have never had this sort of issue before. I only spend about $30k/yr with UA, but as much as I hate ATL, might be moving to DL full time.

Anyone else had this experience?

(PS - yes I did register it, in fact I clicked on it twice just to be sure, second time I was already registered)
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Why do I never ever get any promotion emails!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:41 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cliffhunt
SO,7/22/15, UA had a targeted promo with similar terms; higher fare tickets, higher PQM. I buy a lot of A and F, so it worked out well. I selected PQM during registration, flew, and waited my 8 weeks (12/26). No points (need 3k PQM to re-qualify for 1K). I could have taken a flight X Mas week, but chose not to, because 1K service replied with [...]
Are you sure your promo offered bonus PQM, and not RDM? (There was a p.s. promo which had PQM, anyway, and it seems like UA had several different promos out there at the time.)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by exerda
Are you sure your promo offered bonus PQM, and not RDM? (There was a p.s. promo which had PQM, anyway, and it seems like UA had several different promos out there at the time.)
100% sure: PQM
Up to 6,000 extra award miles or up to 4,000 extra Premier qualifying miles can be yours.

As a valued Premier® 1K® member, we are pleased to offer you an exclusive opportunity to earn bonus award miles or additional Premier qualifying miles (PQM), the choice is yours. Simply pick your reward, register your account and book your travel with United.

Register by August 31, 2015

Book your travel by October 31, 2015

Complete travel between August 1, 2015 and October 31, 2015

Complete terms and conditions:
1. Only original recipients of email invitation to the offer can register and participate in this promotion.
2. Registration is required by August 31, 2015.
3. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register, purchase and complete paid, qualifying flights in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U and H fare classes to any destination worldwide within the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. For this offer, "Long-haul" flight segments are defined as those with a scheduled distance of at least 3,000 miles or the p.s.® routes between New York/JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco. "Short-haul" flight segments are non-p.s. routes and those with a scheduled distance of less than 3,000 miles. Distance determinations will be made by United Airlines at its discretion.
4. Ticketing dates: July 21, 2015 and October 31, 2015.
5. Travel dates: Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after August 1, 2015 and completed on or before October 31, 2015.
6. The offer is valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United or United Express® and it is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
7. Participating members are allowed to make the selection of reward type once at the point of registration, and the selection is final upon a successful registration for the promotion.
8. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles or 15,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier status qualification or Million Miler status.
10. PQMs cannot be redeemed for award travel.
11. Bonus Premier Qualifying Segments (PQS) and bonus Premier Qualifying Dollars (PQD) will not be awarded as part of this promotion.
12. The offer is not valid on government fares.
13. Passenger must be a member of United's MileagePlus program for travel to qualify for this offer.
14. Qualifying flight activities must be credited to the MileagePlus account by October 31, 2015 in order to qualify for this offer.
15. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
16. Award tickets and tickets that are not eligible to earn award miles do not qualify for this offer.
17. Bonus will post to your account 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends on October 31, 2015.
18. E-Ticket ® purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
19. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
20. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go tounited.com/mileageplus.

TD5702 ET02
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:38 pm

Update now. After 10 weeks, they provided the PQM, and backdated to 2015...so got to renew 1K after all. Still shouldn't have had to wait. They havent replied to my emails, but did follow through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.