Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated MP hotel & car rentals awards Q&A, Experiences, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MileagePlus Car Rentals
Terms & Conditions Agreement between User and Rentalcars.com

MileagePlus Hotel Bookings..
Terms and Conditions - United Hotels

Hotel and Car Awards are available to a member who both (a) has an account address in one of the following countries and (b) is a Premier member, a United MileagePlus co-branded Cardmember (domestic or international) or select general members.

Countries eligible: Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Federated States of Micronesia, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kuwait, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Palau, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, USVI, and Vietnam
Hotel and Car Awards rules
Print Wikipost

Consolidated MP hotel & car rentals awards Q&A, Experiences, ....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Booking hotels via United MileagePlus

I recently used my UA miles to book a hotel via MileagePlus. After the booking I see in the confirmation e-mail that UA uses Hotels.com for the booking. I typically don't like booking hotels/flights via third party (and in this case, via a third, third party) but this is a relatively low-risk local stay so I wanted to try it out. When I click on any of the reservation links on the email (for example, change/cancel reservation) I am taken directly to the Hotels.com website, where I don't currently have a user account. My question is, if any issues were to arise with this reservation, do I speak with UA or to Hotels.com? And would the hotel recognize my booking as being from UA or Hotels.com?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 4:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by redleader74
...My question is, if any issues were to arise with this reservation, do I speak with UA or to Hotels.com? And would the hotel recognize my booking as being from UA or Hotels.com?
Not UA, UA is not involved in the reservation other than as the source of payment.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by redleader74
And would the hotel recognize my booking as being from UA or Hotels.com?
Usually it's Expedia that the hotel sees. UA Hotels is just a front to Hotels.com which is just a front to Expedia. But it could also be any of the Expedia affiliates that show up as agent on the actual reservation.

In case of issues, just call the number on the confirmation. It's Expedia's support desk, but the number is specific to United Hotels reservations and the computer will instruct the agent to answer the call with "United Hotels".
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.