Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by zappa42m
I'm in Singapore right now and see two UA-departures to SFO today
UA2 at 10:45 and UA2095 at 08:45.
UA2 did not operate today. It cancelled again.

FYI, tomorrow's UA2 (Sunday the 4th) is already delayed 2 hours for aircraft maintenance. This tells me they are flying in a part for the plane from SFO, it arrives on UA1 at 6am. A few hours to fix the part and then the plane will fly back to SFO.

-RM
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
UA2 did not operate today. It cancelled again.

FYI, tomorrow's UA2 (Sunday the 4th) is already delayed 2 hours for aircraft maintenance. This tells me they are flying in a part for the plane from SFO, it arrives on UA1 at 6am. A few hours to fix the part and then the plane will fly back to SFO.

-RM
They might also be flying in somebody who can (help) fix this ailing bird.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
They might also be flying in somebody who can (help) fix this ailing bird.
If you want to maximise your chances of getting out pick the flight that's my on #3960. I speak from experience. This is the lemon that has continuously been stuck in SIN for the last 3 days.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Anyone who takes this in Y, how many empty seats are being blocked on your flights?

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
A single 789 to/from SIN and the US seems really lean, and not really a value to folks going to the Midwest or east coast. I hope their loadings haven't dropped that far.
Compare to how many US cities SIA flies to... the UA traffic is weak in this market.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:13 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
What in the world is going on with these 789s? Is it the type (other 789 routes similarly unreliable?) or SIN specifically??

edit: oh, I see it's being discussed a bit here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...2016-a-27.html

Last edited by TA; Sep 3, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

*WOW*

UA2 (SIN-SFO) cancelled again. This is day 4 in a row. I guess the part/person they were flying in from SFO (just my assumption based on flight timings that were originally posted) didn't work out.

I wonder what their next plan is? Shove it into the waters off Changi and make it a dive site?

I'll say it one more time because I love repeating myself...the 787 is a horrible aircraft. I am Boeing through & through and despise Airbus but the 787 is going to be a horrible mark in Boeing's history it seems. They'll eventually get it right and I can only hope United is recouping a ton of costs from Boeing for all of these consistent and frequent failures.

-RM
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
UA2 (SIN-SFO) cancelled again. This is day 4 in a row. I guess the part/person they were flying in from SFO (just my assumption based on flight timings that were originally posted) didn't work out.

I wonder what their next plan is? Shove it into the waters off Changi and make it a dive site?

I'll say it one more time because I love repeating myself...the 787 is a horrible aircraft. I am Boeing through & through and despise Airbus but the 787 is going to be a horrible mark in Boeing's history it seems. They'll eventually get it right and I can only hope United is recouping a ton of costs from Boeing for all of these consistent and frequent failures.
Certain operators do fine with the 787, and certain operators have endless problems.

It's like the 744 situation these days.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mduell
Certain operators do fine with the 787, and certain operators have endless problems.

It's like the 744 situation these days.
UA's history isn't great, but the previous poster is right. The 787 has had many problems for many airlines.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:53 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
*WOW*

Will this count as 4 separate cancellations? Or just one for the flight stats records?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TA
Will this count as 4 separate cancellations? Or just one for the flight stats records?
Counts as separate cancellations which will affect United's completion performance this month.

-RM
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TA
Neither, mainly because it hasn't been cancelled for 4 days.

UA2 flew on on the September 2nd. It was cancelled on the 1st, the 3rd and the 4th. So that's 3 out of 4 days - still not exactly good, but not 4 days straight.

Best I can work out it's been :

Sept 1 - UA2 cancelled.

Sept 2 - UA2 flew. UA2092 cancelled.

Sept 3 - UA2 cancelled. UA2095 flew.

Sept 4 - UA2 cancelled. UA2099 currently in flight.

However what's odd are some of the ship changes that Flight Stats is showing. For example, it's showing todays UA2 cancelled at 09:25am (2 minutes after UA2099 pushed back), and then shortly after it shows a ship change "TAIL Changed From N26960 To N17963" (the tail that is actually flying UA2099) and a runway departure of 9:37am (the exact same time that UA2099 has)
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know better, right? Just booked this flight UA2 in a couple of weeks from now.

I could have taken SIN-HKG-SFO-xxx but the thought of a 6am departure didn't excite me since I will likely only return to SIN the night before from somewhere else in Asia.

I chose sleep in my own bed vs a better chance of getting out of SIN on time. Let's hope I made the right decision. Good thing I have some flexibility on the other side in the US should I get delayed in SIN.

On the way back I'm originating in ORD so will take the flight via HKG (one-stop, "direct" flight).

Booked J fare so if there are IROPS hopefully I am taken care of.

-RM
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by invisible
I need to have two roundtrip flights SIN-Bay Area in next two month. Do I understand correctly that one should not bother on W fare with hope of GPU?
I didn't see anyone weigh in on this, and I am wondering the same thing. Thoughts? Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Starting to get back on track - UA2 both yesterday (Monday 5th) and today (Tuesday 6th) went out on time. Lets hope they can keep it up until Sunday when I'm on this flight...
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by JNelson113
I didn't see anyone weigh in on this, and I am wondering the same thing. Thoughts? Thanks!
The track record finding R space so far is not great. I am fortunate to clear into PN and that space has been scarce at best since inception of the route. I guess if you have flexibility and can travel mid-week there is a better chance, but waitlisting on a W fare has not looked good for a while on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.