Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United - Positive Experiences 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
FA called my name before I sat down on BF seat on EWR-LAX redeye flight. They brought me a bottle of water once I said that I would not have snack. This was a pmUA crew.

Another time on RIC-IAD flight (< 30 min hop), FA served water during the bumpy ride. She could just stayed at her seat during the entire time. But she did not.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Excellent UX Skywest flight attendant in F on an E175 the other day. Extremely friendly and helpful with bags, even problem solving a bit with 2 passengers with poster tubes. During snack service, gave everyone in first a napkin with a hand written note thanking us for flying United. Thanks for a great flight, Julie!
Old Jun 11, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I've been getting the "thanks for..." message as well, and I'm only Silver. It does make a difference, and really does help me feel appreciated.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I've been getting the "thanks for..." message as well, and I'm only Silver. It does make a difference, and really does help me feel appreciated.
I think that is great, I have never really experienced this with UA ,on QF I get it on the majority of mainline flights.
Everyone pays good money and the bank can't tell the difference
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Fantastic service in FC on UA 980 IAD-DEN last night but the bartenders at the IAD C7 club were a real breath of fresh air compared to the staff in the past. They were friendly and engaging and made the time spent there much more enjoyable. Also hearing "thanks for being 1K" or "thank you for all your business" much more often nowadays and it's really nice to hear.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:48 pm

A kudos to United for IRROPS

I'n a 1k and bought ticket as biz class/first class. So I am in Seoul and flight is scheduled to leave at 4:40pm to SFO with 2 hour layover to get to DC. 24 hours prior I get notice that flight is delayed over 2 hours and knowing if they are calling the delay then {things are} about to get real. Wake up and find myself rebooked on a 6pm flight to EWR that lands after 1am with connection to DCA leaving at 6am. Oh and all that is not only economy but SFO-EWR leg is in back of plane .

Call United 1k line which was easier than it sounds. S. Korea number didn't work and you can't use toll free when internation. Ended up using Skype.

Get right through, he sees the reservation already flagged and explain the situation. He finds a first class seat SFO-IAD that leaves 6pm and lands 2am. Yeah, hotel is near DCA but whatever. So he manages to quickly find me a seat in my paid class of service and gets me to the correct city later than I'd like but .... happens.

All in all, don't like the delay but glad the squared it away as best they could pretty quickly.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 15, 2016 at 9:11 pm Reason: language
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:11 am

Achieved the PQD and PQM for 1k on a flight yesterday but of course the miles take 48hrs to post and I have a flight tomorrow I want to be CPU'd on. Called UA explained to them the situation - they gave me comp 1k status until Saturday and this morning I woke up to find that myself and wife (no status) have been CPU for 5hr+ flight on Friday
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by EWRMAN
Achieved the PQD and PQM for 1k on a flight yesterday but of course the miles take 48hrs to post and I have a flight tomorrow I want to be CPU'd on. Called UA explained to them the situation - they gave me comp 1k status until Saturday and this morning I woke up to find that myself and wife (no status) have been CPU for 5hr+ flight on Friday
I tried to do that when I went from No Status to Silver. The phone agent said no dice. Of course I think your situation had a lot to do with the fact that you were already talking to the Premier Line. They seem to be more understanding and appreciative of status members.

In my case, I had not "earned" that right yet and was stuck with an outsourced overseas call center that was reading from a script
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
In my case, I had not "earned" that right yet and was stuck with an outsourced overseas call center that was reading from a script
Wait... UA (still) has overseas call centers (outsourced or otherwise)? I guess status really does give you a distorted view of reality -- I can't say I've talked to anyone clearly overseas [though some of the accents -- including "Deep Texan" and "Life-long Bostonian" can be just as hard to understand] in years. (after the CO/UA merger but before integration I remember getting shoved to outsourced script readers when I called UA...but not since)
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: Kettle
Great flights recently from AUS-EWR-TXL-EWR-AUS. All legs upgraded with GPUs, and even got my final leg bumped up by about 5-6 hours (and still booked into R class) after arriving in Newark early. Very warm and friendly service on every flight.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Silver Premier flew today RNO-SFO-LAX - great experience!

Just wanted to give props when they are due.

Silver Premier, flying in Y (rare work trip).

I was upgraded at T-24 for the RNO-SFO segment.

The flight attendants were friendly, professional, smiled and thanked everyone for flying.

The flight left just ahead of schedule, and landed about 20 minutes early.

While flying, my SFO-LAX segment cleared to F, and I got the same level of service

Flight arrived at the gate also about 20 minutes early

Only complaint was the baggage came out in 2 claim areas - 1 (T7) and 4 (T8) - which i have never experienced in 30+ years flying any flight.

Kudos to United and attentive and professional FAs
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:26 pm

Took my first UA flight yesterday for the first time in many, many years - SFO to ICN.

I had to check a bag but F check in was fast and courteous. Using Clear and pre-check I was from curb to lounge in 6 minutes (9am)

I went to the Centurion lounge first and then to the Global F lounge. I should have stayed in the Centurion lounge but that's a subject for a different thread.

Boarding was on time. Lines formed in the appropriate places but the GS folks must be use to the crowding as they just bypassed the line for GS. I'm not sure why Global First doesn't get pre boarding. You'd think for 12 people they'd get some preferential treatment on boarding but they are lumped into the group 1.

Service on board was first class. Great purser and her staff was very attentative.

No complaints at all.

I usually take DL on this route via SEA but it's great to be on a non stop especially a 747
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
RIC-EWR-CLE this week with a coworker (rare), after landing in terminal A went down to board the shuttle and found a GS agent with a "Mr. LincolnJKC" sign. What is this?!?!

They were "offering" the Mercedes transfer... both me and my coworker were shuttled in comfort and dropped off directly at C167 for our EWR-CLE (which was very much appreciated because that may be the furthest one can get in Terminal C from where the shuttle would normally drop one off.

And I earned some instant office cred from the (just earned Silver) coworker

Though EWR-CLE took a delay, I think that's the least I've ever cared about it - I just generally felt awesome about that trip
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Probably not allowed, but I had a great Premier agent perform a SDC for me from an IAH-LGA flight to an earlier IAH-EWR flight.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Flight attendant noticed I had two stroopwafels first pass, came back half an hour later and "brought me the last one" ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.