Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The following passengers have an important message - GG ACI UDM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

Well, this is a new one for me.

Checking in for my flight on United.com website. After going through much of the process, a page pops up with:

Attention:
The following travelers have an important message:
goodeats21

It then gives direction to either phone United or see a representative at the airport. Refer to this reservation and "you have an undelivered TM Message".
Agent Reference GG ACI UDM

At first, the agent says everything OK with flights but will check with "support" to see what the message is. Long wait, then "seems your Thai airway flight is not confirmed"

History:
I had to have an agent revise my itinerary last night due to a UAX flight cancellation. With no other flight option available, I had them drop the flight and I just drove to Chicago - at considerable personal expense for car and hotel. Even though I asked specifically two times to ensure everything was synced, guess what.

Anyway, the stupid, recurring issue with dropping partner flights doesn't need to be re-hashed yet again (it just needs to be fixed). But it was the first time I saw the cryptic "important message" page so thought I would pass it along.

I have now been on the phone for over an hour due to this nonsense. No wonder all those folks with weather related disruptions are having to wait so long.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Anyway, the stupid, recurring issue with dropping partner flights doesn't need to be re-hashed yet again (it just needs to be fixed).
It's not going to get fixed. The issue had plaged CO for years before the merger, and they did nothing about it and now it plagues UA

Originally Posted by goodeats21
But it was the first time I saw the cryptic "important message" page so thought I would pass it along.
That is very interesting. I've had a number of dropped flights over the years, and never once seen such a message. Maybe it's a function of the new website passing some stuff through?

Last edited by goalie; Dec 30, 2015 at 10:40 am Reason: edited and removed trolling comments
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by channa
That is very interesting. I've had a number of dropped flights over the years, and never once seen such a message. Maybe it's a function of the new website passing some stuff through?
Nope, this message (or GG code) has been around for quite some time. You are definitely correct - this is from the CO days. Really pull out the oldies here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ode-check.html

Basically this go get code I believe just means the agent needs to review details and follow-up as requested. I don't think the code is reference for a drop flight

Last edited by goalie; Dec 30, 2015 at 10:41 am Reason: edited quoted post to match edited original post
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:03 am

I got this message this year on a CLE-IAD flight. First and only time I've seen it in 15 years. The agents at CLE were confused too because they said it almost never happens and only a very senior employee knew what it meant.

They were able to ascertain that in my case, SHARES was trying to notify me that my seat assignment changed after I checked in. Apparently a GS showed up and insisted that they needed my seat. So I was swapped out. That was what caused the GG ADI UCM.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Well, finally off the phone.

They were able to restore my itinerary...I checked, there was still an award seat available anyway...so not like it was very difficult. Ended up with a new Ticket number, but same Thai Airways Record Locator Number.

But then the plot thickens. The agent
(who was not real impressive. Ever notice how when you really need to HUCA the phone wait time is massive?)
then tells me that the important message was sent from the Frankfurt Airport. Not the United staff at Frankfurt...the actual Airport staff. But she doesn't know why they sent the message.

I really don't know what to think anymore. I have checked on Thai Airways site and my segment is confirmed with the original seat assignment, so I am not going to sweat it. Probably go to ORD earlier then normal just to be sure...I can work pretty easily from the GFL, right?

Happy New Years Everyone. Sawatdi Pi Mai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.