Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Granted 2016 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for reporting of actual cases of receiving status when short of one of the status requirement and not qualified for a waiver of that requirement -- PQS/PQM/PQD/4 Segments/....

Last years reports Granted 2015 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

For others that are short and wonder what to do or if they will be lucky, please see
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2015 for Elite Status in 2016"]
or
Will UA Grant 2016 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2015?

Non-appropriate posts we be deleted or moved to more appropriate thread.
Print Wikipost

Granted 2016 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member

Did anyone else get their 1K (or other) status extend for an extra year? I only flew 30k PQM his year (8 PQS / $3k PQD) but got a 1K kit with 2017 expiration date.

I was GS 2008-2014 and 1K for a few years before that (1.8MM) and I assume this is some sort of retention strategy. It would be a lot more effective if they did something besides jut sending the kit.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Did anyone else get their 1K (or other) status extend for an extra year? I only flew 30k PQM his year (8 PQS / $3k PQD) but got a 1K kit with 2017 expiration date.

I was GS 2008-2014 and 1K for a few years before that (1.8MM) and I assume this is some sort of retention strategy. It would be a lot more effective if they did something besides jut sending the kit.
kenn0223 - Did you get 6 GPUs too?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kenn0223
... I was GS 2008-2014 and 1K for a few years before that (1.8MM) and I assume this is some sort of retention strategy. ....
There are reports of soft landings for GS as 1Ks, perhaps as you mention this is a similar retention strategy for past GS?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
kenn0223 - Did you get 6 GPUs too?
Nope, I have 8 GPUs and 7 RPUs from last year and they all show a 1/31/2016 expiration.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There are reports of soft landings for GS as 1Ks, perhaps as you mention this is a similar retention strategy for past GS?
Maybe, I would have been less surprised if it was platinum as a soft landing (or 1K for <1 yr). Here it seems to be just a straight up extension of 1K. They must be somewhat desperate.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yeah, I think the soft landing 1Ks didn't get GPUs...
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Got 24,999 PQM in 2015 so I thought to call MP to ask about my status for 2016.
After a 10 min on hold was told that as an exception I will get silver for 2016.
Is there any link where I can see the status for 2016?
Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
After a 10 min on hold was told that as an exception I will get silver for 2016.
Thanks
mystatus.united.com
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Well played, sir!

Thanks
1 mile short... that's masterful. And about the only situation where I'd be reasonably-sure someone would say sure, you get it. Were you aware this was where you were heading with your itins?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Thanks
Glad you got it.

Last edited by goalie; Jan 8, 2016 at 11:10 pm Reason: Snark removed
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
1 mile short... that's masterful. And about the only situation where I'd be reasonably-sure someone would say sure, you get it. Were you aware this was where you were heading with your itins?
Since August I have been staying on these numbers and I knew it before that trip.
To be more sure that I will have more then 25k I put my last flight of year a MEX LAX flight in the account, got upgraded but the flight credited to TK instead (where I was building my backup to gold).
It was strange to get upgraded and still put the miles in another account that was not UA. first time for me that that happened.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:48 pm

I've been a longtime lurker, thought I'd post on my experiences with having status granted.

I was unable to travel from December '14 to May '15. I had met my status for 2015, but wasn't able to accumulate any mileage until after May. I called in October to go over some of the possibilities with MP, knowing that I would come in short. The person I spoke with said I'd have to call back closer to the end of the year, however didn't see any issue due to my history; Called back in December and had that person tell me I would have to call after the year closed and January offers went out (honestly didn't even know that was a thing). Based on what was being said I thought my chances were slim.

I ended up with '15 numbers being ~67k PQM and ~7k PQD.

I happened to be calling in regarding a flight change and figured I'd see what MP would say about the situation, I assumed I wouldn't get anywhere due to not having received an 'offer,' yet, but figured no harm in trying. The woman on the phone said that she would have her supervisor review my account and to give them just a moment. Upon coming back on the line about a minute later, she told me they had granted me complimentary status for '16. Given the significant deficiency in numbers for me to get back to 1k, I'll chalk it up as they do care to keep customers happy and if you're polite on the phone with them, they'll go above and beyond.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KyleM
I've been a longtime lurker, thought I'd post on my experiences with having status granted.

I was unable to travel from December '14 to May '15. I had met my status for 2015, but wasn't able to accumulate any mileage until after May. I called in October to go over some of the possibilities with MP, knowing that I would come in short. The person I spoke with said I'd have to call back closer to the end of the year, however didn't see any issue due to my history; Called back in December and had that person tell me I would have to call after the year closed and January offers went out (honestly didn't even know that was a thing). Based on what was being said I thought my chances were slim.

I ended up with '15 numbers being ~67k PQM and ~7k PQD.

I happened to be calling in regarding a flight change and figured I'd see what MP would say about the situation, I assumed I wouldn't get anywhere due to not having received an 'offer,' yet, but figured no harm in trying. The woman on the phone said that she would have her supervisor review my account and to give them just a moment. Upon coming back on the line about a minute later, she told me they had granted me complimentary status for '16. Given the significant deficiency in numbers for me to get back to 1k, I'll chalk it up as they do care to keep customers happy and if you're polite on the phone with them, they'll go above and beyond.
You just say complimentary status, what level of complimentary status? Platinum or 1K? And if they gave you 1K consider yourself extremely lucky. Platinum would have beyond expected with your numbers. They also may consider this your once in a lifetime (or once every 5 years) status match so don't expect it again anytime soon.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
You just say complimentary status, what level of complimentary status? Platinum or 1K? And if they gave you 1K consider yourself extremely lucky. Platinum would have beyond expected with your numbers. They also may consider this your once in a lifetime (or once every 5 years) status match so don't expect it again anytime soon.
Oh, sorry. I was given complimentary 1k. No intention of asking for it again, however I did get it unexpectly and thought there may be something to it.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Oh, sorry. I was given complimentary 1k. No intention of asking for it again, however I did get it unexpectly and thought there may be something to it.
Nice gift! And, by the way, a belated welcome to FT!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:32 am

Oh, sorry. I was given complimentary 1k.
Did you get GPU's with that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.