Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Year end. What (UA MP) mileage runs are you doing and for what status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Year end. What (UA MP) mileage runs are you doing and for what status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Platinum, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Because of the last Lufthansa strike I had to skip a leg and drive so I ended up doing the huge ORD to DSM run to get my 315 miles I was short 2 weeks ago. I didn't want to leave it up to chance that they would bump me up to Platinum.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
yep!

I'm $972 PQD and about 1600 PQM short of 1K. So starting Monday I'm flying IAH-DEN, DEN-LAS, spending two nights there, then LAS-LAX-IAH. I'll then be $20 over on PQD and will easily make the PQM. Best wishes to all my fellow mileage runners!
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Doing a EWR->SFO round trip in BF to make the PQD threshhold for 1K. Probably my last year for 1K due to a move, so I figured if I was close I would go for it.

bt
Old Dec 25, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: UA1K .455 MM, Hilton and Marriott Gold
I took a cheap A fare RT from BWI to IAH same-day during the work day to re-qual for 1K as it was the shortest flight (time wise) I could find and get above 100K in PQMs. Was back home in time for dinner.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I, unfortunately, have a business trip next week. I drastically slowed down my flying 2H2015 once I reached platinum in August and knew 1K was no problem. 2 additional RPUs at 125,000 don't mean much as I have had a hard time clearing them on peak business travel days (Sun/Mon/Fri).

I spend my company's money like my own. So, I still book smart and in advance. It is just not that rewarding to fly anymore - get about 1/2 of the RDMs and upgrades rarely happen - even with instruments...

Mileage run starts 1/1
Old Dec 25, 2015, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
21,500 PQM and $2700 PQD short of silver

Don't think I'll MR for it

Old Dec 25, 2015, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
21,500 PQM and $2700 PQD short of silver

Don't think I'll MR for it

It's a shame to be so close and miss. Maybe UA will comp you.

Old Dec 25, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.
Nope. 4550 for gold, and its not worth most of a transcon and back for me this time of year. Should have done it way earlier. Oh well.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's a shame to be so close and miss.
Especially considering I met the 4 segment minimum!
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
No MRs in the last week of the year for me. Last year, I flew SFO-IAH-SFO on 12/31 and that sucked. This year, I did my final MR around Halloween.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Silver, AS MVP, AA Gold
I'm 4800 pqm short of Gold, and doing an IAD->SFO->BOI->LAX->IAD one day turn around for $370. I was at 41k miles in September when I left my job. I was going to settle for silver this year but I got credit for ~3000 pqm flying on Air New Zealand last month while on vacation.

I'd really like to move my business to another airline. I just took an intl vacation flying UAL GF the whole way on miles and it was really disappointing. Especially after spending some time in the Singapore Air first class lounge and got a taste of what first class service in the air really should be. However, I'm moving to SF and all my family is in DC so it's too convenient traveling between two hubs so often to switch. E+ is a requirement for me (6'2") and United's service is on par with everyone else for transcon service IMO. /rant
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve.K
However, I'm moving to SF and all my family is in DC so it's too convenient traveling between two hubs so often to switch. E+ is a requirement for me (6'2") and United's service is on par with everyone else for transcon service IMO. /rant
Virgin does SFO-IAD @:-)
Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:46 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
No mileage runs for me. If I fly somewhere, it's to explore the world or visit someone. Flying for the sake of flying is pretty miserable.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
Originally Posted by Cargojon
The wife just surprised me with a sameday turn MR in F to put me over to Gold for 2016. Due to a screw up by our corporate travel as well as Q4 cost containment, I would have only made Silver. Plenty of miles but short on PQD. Go wife!
You married a winner
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
The thread title asks for examples of mileage runs and the thread is filled with people writing "nope ... not worth it ...".

My "mileage run" was last month. A quick trip to LAS from YYZ to get me to 1K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.