Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Year end. What (UA MP) mileage runs are you doing and for what status

Old Dec 24, 15, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum

7 days left in 2015. I am curious what mileage runs people are making this next week and what status you are obtaining by doing it.
Safe travels!!
Old Dec 24, 15, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
None. I'm settling for Platinum this year. Based on my 2015 experience, 1K just isn't worth it anymore.
Old Dec 24, 15, 6:12 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver (Former Premier 1K), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Silver, AmEx Plat
First year as a FTer and I'm ore than happy with Silver this year, so no MRs (I don't think there's a cheap itin that gives me a bit more than 17k miles). However, I've loved this year so far!
Old Dec 24, 15, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
The wife just surprised me with a sameday turn MR in F to put me over to Gold for 2016. Due to a screw up by our corporate travel as well as Q4 cost containment, I would have only made Silver. Plenty of miles but short on PQD. Go wife!
Old Dec 24, 15, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Million miler here, and .... none.

I can't ever get close to the PQD for 1K, and so directed my flying elsewhere.
Old Dec 24, 15, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I'm about 2,500 short from 1K.

Snagged a same-day EWR-ORD-OKC-IAH-EWR for $270 that I'll be taking
Old Dec 24, 15, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Although I have more travel this year, I made 1K a couple of weeks ago (and that was a semi-MR, a long weekend to ITO that I'd rescheduled from November due to weather). I am glad not to be forced to fly more this year!

Originally Posted by Cargojon View Post
The wife just surprised me with a sameday turn MR in F to put me over to Gold for 2016. Due to a screw up by our corporate travel as well as Q4 cost containment, I would have only made Silver. Plenty of miles but short on PQD. Go wife!
Nice!
Old Dec 24, 15, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Anti-status run....

Last vacation of the year,
A 3800 oneway V fare would earn 1780 miles, so I m crediting it to Aeroplan for over 2x the miles.

Upgraded with RPUs and 1k wrapped up a long time ago, don't see a reason to credit this last flight to MP.
Old Dec 24, 15, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

None. I'm sitting at gold where I expect to stay, and except for once in 2011, I don't do mileage runs.
Old Dec 24, 15, 7:51 pm
EEE

Programs: UA Gold
I planned ahead and did my mileage run three weeks ago to secure (after additional planned travel) another year of gold. Flew up to Denver on a Saturday afternoon and spent six hours at Rock Bottom Brewing and then Boulder Beer. (The latter was unintentional. I didn't realize that going up the escalators at the main terminal automatically put you outside security, but I made the best of a mildly annoying situation.)

Edit: Wow, my sig is out of date. Well, no point in doing the math to update numbers on Dec 24.
Old Dec 24, 15, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC
I am sitting here in Te Anau in South Island NZ enjoying a 2012 Pinot Noir with a killer view...no MRs for me Last flight to credit to MP this year will be ZQN-WLG in a couple days. Will be Platinum again.
Old Dec 24, 15, 11:42 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
None, Nothing, Nada, Zip.. 25+ years as an Elite/Premier, closing in on 800,000 life time miles, wife and I both made Silver for 2016 and that is it. The program has been so decimated, miles are so worthless and we are both now retired and just traveling for fun we are not thinking about it. We are both about 6,000 miles short of Gold and yes, we could have planned a trip to make it but it is just not worth it anymore. Our biggest concern now is how to convert the 170,000 miles or so we still have banked into something worthwhile.... As my 16 month old granddaughter loves to say "Bye Bye"....but she blows kisses while I think of other gestures for good old UAL.
Old Dec 25, 15, 1:02 am

Programs: AA DULtArer
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
I'm about 2,500 short from 1K.

Snagged a same-day EWR-ORD-OKC-IAH-EWR for $270 that I'll be taking
You could have PQMd that with accelerator without the travel for about the same dollars - see that thread.

Spending the holiday season on MR? Ugh.

I passed 4M LT this summer, so I will complete life without ever doing a MR, it would seem.
Old Dec 25, 15, 5:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
I did a IAD-AUS-IAD A320 P-fare run to get over the 1K hurdle ... just couldn't leave my account at 98,000! The cheap A- and P-fares are a great way to rack up miles, and it gets even better in 2016 with 200% PQM. ^
Old Dec 25, 15, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by joseeantonior View Post
First year as a FTer and I'm ore than happy with Silver this year, so no MRs (I don't think there's a cheap itin that gives me a bit more than 17k miles). However, I've loved this year so far!
$387 each way EWR to SYD in coach via AUK on Air New Zealand but should be a 016 ticket. saw it last night when i was booking a business class ticket.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: