Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

737-x00 - seatmap showing fewer F seats (such as only 8) ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA on some routes displays a strange seatmap of only 8F seats but stating the aircraft to be used as one that has more F seats. Such as a 737-800 that actually has 16 F seats or a 737-900 which will have 20 F seats. There are similiar issues with the economy seatmap.

It has been surmised by this community that this is a placeholder seatmap (generic narrowbody) and the actual aircraft will be adjusted later based on sales and the correct seatmap will be eventually be displayed as the aircraft utilization is worked out.

The only UA mainline aircraft with 8 F seats is the A319.
Print Wikipost

737-x00 - seatmap showing fewer F seats (such as only 8) ???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold
boeing 737-900 with less seats in first

have any one else noticed that there are 12 seats instead of 20 in united first on the B739 if you look for tickets late april/ early may? Also, extra rows on economy. Has this anything to do with the new premium economy?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by ariel024
have any one else noticed that there are 12 seats instead of 20 in united first on the B739 if you look for tickets late april/ early may? Also, extra rows on economy. Has this anything to do with the new premium economy?
Has nothing to do with premium economy which won't be offered on domestic flights. It's showing less F Seats in case of aircraft swap to a 73G or 319. The 739 isn't losing F Seats or adding Y seats.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Yeah, if they swap to a 319 and have sold an extra 10 F seats that is a nightmare. Worst case a ton of people get upgrades, best case is everything is fine. United avoids the potential of over sale, downgrades etc

Once they know it will be a 739 - they can TOD the .... out of FC
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:40 pm

Glad I found this thread. Was very confused looking at the seat maps for an upcoming flight between ORD to MCO in early June. Couldn't figure out why a 737-900 would have 8 FC seats. Here is a question for the experts a little different from the others here, I hope. I have booked a family into row 14 on the "fake" seat chart. This seat chart shows 39 E+ seats. I have looked back closer to today, and UAL has been using either 737-800s on the flight on same day (WED) or a 737-900 with 50+ E+ and no aisle 14. What happens, does the airline just stick those 5 in random seats. 4 people are on one reservation but 1 is separate. Is it safer to move the seats to an aisle # that exists in all of the 737s and then move them back if still available once the "real" seat chart is posted. If this question doesn't belong here, please move or let me know.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:36 pm

Incorrect Plane/Seatmap

My apologies if this is covered in another thread, but I did a search and found no answers or info regarding the following question.
I am travelling on flights from TPA to SFO (#1797 connecting in IAH to #1973 ) on September 22, 2018.
Since reserving these flights 5 months ago, it has shown both as being operated by 737-900's. When I look at the seat maps, they are showing those of the A319.
Anyone know why? Will they be changing these flights to the A319's or ?? When might this happen??
Thanks to all of you with much more knowledge and experience with these matters than me.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:39 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Your flight is in 7 months so UA has no idea for sure what aircraft they’re going to use, so they use the A319 for now as a placeholder in case they need to downgrade the aircraft. But it’ll most likely be the 737, it’ll switch the seat map as time gets closer to the flight

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 8, 2018 at 9:11 pm Reason: clean after merge; thanks for the link
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:00 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't think to search by planes.... sorry
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
This far out you're almost guaranteed some changes to your flight, but the seatmap is not a hint what those changes will be.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:21 pm

Sorry for a stupid question, but:
Flight is 12/1/18 from ORD to PVR and has the 8-seat FC 737-800 which I now understand is just a placeholder until United decides whatever the real aircraft will be. Fine, I understand it's a long way out.

Anyway:
What is the best way to get notified when UA changes the aircraft type?
Is that something ExpertFlyer can do?
It's been a while since I've flown UA so I don't know if their notification emails would cover this, or not.

Thank you in advance.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by hurnik
Sorry for a stupid question, but:
Flight is 12/1/18 from ORD to PVR and has the 8-seat FC 737-800 which I now understand is just a placeholder until United decides whatever the real aircraft will be. Fine, I understand it's a long way out.

Anyway:
What is the best way to get notified when UA changes the aircraft type?
Is that something ExpertFlyer can do?
It's been a while since I've flown UA so I don't know if their notification emails would cover this, or not.

Thank you in advance.
EF A/C changes notifications is a great resource that I use often (especially when booking so far out). If you don't want to pay for EF, UA usually makes schedule changes on Friday and Saturday nights, so set a recurring reminder on your phone for Sunday night or Monday morning to check and look at the seat map. Their notification emails usually don't cover this (or often schedule changes)
hurnik likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by N104UA
EF A/C changes notifications is a great resource that I use often (especially when booking so far out). If you don't want to pay for EF, UA usually makes schedule changes on Friday and Saturday nights, so set a recurring reminder on your phone for Sunday night or Monday morning to check and look at the seat map. Their notification emails usually don't cover this (or often schedule changes)
Thank you very much! Will look into an Expert Flyer subscription.
Thanks again!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:59 pm

United reduction in domestic first class

is united cutting out domestic first class rows on 737-900's later this year?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 7, 2019 at 11:27 pm Reason: Moved to existing thread
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, JMUDGE

Originally Posted by JMUDGE
is united cutting out domestic first class rows on 737-900's later this year?
Are you seeing a seat map with few F seats for 739?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 7, 2019 at 11:26 pm
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Let me guess. You've got a flight that claims it's a 737-900, is many months away, and only has 2/3/4 rows of F seats?

If so, that's UA's place-holder config for a flight that might get swapped for a different type of aircraft with fewer F seats. As you get nearer to the flight it'll either change to a different aircraft type, and/or it'll suddenly gain a few rows of seats to match whatever type of aircraft/layout will actually fly that particular flight.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: CO Gold
Cannot figure out search words to get this answer.

Browsing flights on united.com for October and December. Every flight is loaded with a 737-900 with 2 rows of first.

When is the UA schedule updated with exact equipment being used for the flight? Is there a definitive time like i.e. 3 months before, by season, arbitrary? Thanks.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 16, 2019 at 10:43 am Reason: Moved to consolidated thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.