Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA Grant 2016 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2015?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA Grant 2016 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2015?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
May I join in?

I flew TG early last week and the 5,000 miles which put me to 1k are still not credited and surely won´t because of some ticket change issues.

So what happens if I am asking for credit after the 15 days period and this is not settled in 2015 but in 2016?

Risk it and hope for UAs good-will (if I need it?) or would you recommend a short return FRA-EWR?

Thanks,

F.R.
If the issue were settled in 2016, the miles/segments/dollars would still apply to 2015 travel. Therefore, you should be credited for your 2015 goals.

Originally Posted by riphamilton
102500 PQM
42.5 PQS
$5500 PQD
CC waiver met

...i'd get laughed at for thinking i could get 1K, right?
Yes, I would think so

I'm at 60 PQS, about 45k PQM, and well over $12k PQD. I get Gold and nothing more, despite exceeding 1K PQD requirements (i.e. more than doubling the Gold PQD requirements).
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Here's my situation.

Currently Platinum. Will end year with 63,000 PQMs and $12,000+ PQDs.

I have an ORD-FRA Z-class ticketed booked for late January...a month too late for what I need to keep Platinum.

I realize it'll be a long shot to get MP to allow me to retain Platinum, but are there any suggestions as for when I should call and ask? After the trip so they knew I took it?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rflor
Here's my situation.

Currently Platinum. Will end year with 63,000 PQMs and $12,000+ PQDs.

I have an ORD-FRA Z-class ticketed booked for late January...a month too late for what I need to keep Platinum.

I realize it'll be a long shot to get MP to allow me to retain Platinum, but are there any suggestions as for when I should call and ask? After the trip so they knew I took it?
How close are you on segments? How many operational issues in the last year requiring you to take other carriers, go from connections to non-stops, or cancel trips in vain (all of which have happened to me in the last 2 years and made a difference in making status)?

If you're not particularly close in any scenario, you'll just have to join me in the Group 2 ranks of future-Golds. They won't apply 2016 travel for the 2015 membership year qualifications.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by fumje
What was the ticket change issue? Sometimes you can request 'original routing credit' to get credit for the itinerary as originally ticketed.
Just a date change, all base requirements stayed the same...

F.R.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
If the issue were settled in 2016, the miles/segments/dollars would still apply to 2015 travel. Therefore, you should be credited for your 2015 goals.
Thanks for clarifying, that´s what I hoped for anyway.

F.R.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
How close are you on segments? How many operational issues in the last year requiring you to take other carriers, go from connections to non-stops, or cancel trips in vain (all of which have happened to me in the last 2 years and made a difference in making status)?

If you're not particularly close in any scenario, you'll just have to join me in the Group 2 ranks of future-Golds. They won't apply 2016 travel for the 2015 membership year qualifications.
Most of my travel is International C, so none of that applies to me. Naturally if the new accrual rules applied in 2015, I wouldn't be asking this question.

May still give em a call a the end of January...can't hurt and who knows what might happen.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Yes, and yes.
The PQM accelerator route worked! Though they didnt credit within 24 hours so it's better to buy a fully refundable fare. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by raptor112011
The PQM accelerator route worked! Though they didnt credit within 24 hours so it's better to buy a fully refundable fare. Thanks for the heads up!
Absolutely no problem about canceling dummy flight before the PQMs post. Once purchased, you are fine to cancel.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
I'm safe for the year but I'm curious if those that get kicked up after a shortfall in PQM or PQD get the RPUs/GPUs at 1K?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
Long time 1K and 1.45 million miler sitting on 63K PQM this year. I have well over 12K in spend, probably around 15-16K, with a single biz class trip to EU this year. Usually I have a few, and/or to Asia, so the difference is what kept me down this year. Plus no more PDX-SEA, which is pretty frequent for me, or PDX-LAX, so that impacted some. I still flew PDX-LAX and LAS on several occasions, connecting in SFO, as inconvenient as that was, and of course experienced at least a few issues along the way.

Any opinions on likelihood of maintaining 1K (unlikely) or a soft landing to Plat? Grazie...
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by u2vox
Long time 1K and 1.45 million miler sitting on 63K PQM this year. I have well over 12K in spend, probably around 15-16K, with a single biz class trip to EU this year. Usually I have a few, and/or to Asia, so the difference is what kept me down this year. Plus no more PDX-SEA, which is pretty frequent for me, or PDX-LAX, so that impacted some. I still flew PDX-LAX and LAS on several occasions, connecting in SFO, as inconvenient as that was, and of course experienced at least a few issues along the way.

Any opinions on likelihood of maintaining 1K (unlikely) or a soft landing to Plat? Grazie...
depending on how much over $12k you have they might give you Plat. 1K I doubt very much
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Hadrian35
I'm curious if those that get kicked up after a shortfall in PQM or PQD get the RPUs/GPUs at 1K?
No guarantees what will happen next year, but it has happened in the past.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SkyMiles
Considerations for 1K status if short PQDs?

I have over 120,000 PQMs for 2015, but under $11,000 PQDs and thus I don't qualify for 1K now or in 2016. My wife flies with me and has over 50,000 PQMs herself. How hard and fast does United hold to the PQD requirement? Even for million or 2 million flyers. What is your experience?

If I lived outside of the US I would have qualified a long time ago. Very frustrating.

Would Delta consider my United 2015 mile amount and grant me the upper status?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Asia1
... Would Delta consider my United 2015 mile amount and grant me the upper status?
DL has PQD-like requirements also. And for Diamond it is $15K.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SkyMiles
Considerations for 1K status if short PQDs?

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
DL has PQD-like requirements also. And for Diamond it is $15K.
Diamond for 2015 is 125,000 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.