Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: USHPNWDLUA
Global Services Qualifications - 2016

Enter your Username, Home Airport Code, PQM, BIS, PQS, PQD, and whether or not you are a requalifier in the below spreadsheet to help us track the qualification criteria for this year.

Originally Posted by Global Services Google Spreadsheet
If you have requalified for Global Services for 2016, please enter an X in the "Requalified" column. If you are a new Global Services member or did not have Global Services in 2015, please leave this column blank.

Please keep only raw data in the "Data" tab. If you would like to analyze the data, please place the analysis on the "Statistics" tab.

2017 Thread Here
Print Wikipost

Global Services Qualifications 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I am going to finish with $35K or so spend and about 180K miles...My guess is no GS for me again.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
1K at 155PQM /$69K PQD total, 130PQM / $58K PQD on United metal - every darn mile flown reluctantly. SFO-based. around $35K of spend towards DL this year, and they'll be getting the rest of it next year if I don't get GS.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott (Plat Premier, LT Plat)
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
1K at 155PQM /$69K PQD total, 130PQM / $58K PQD on United metal - every darn mile flown reluctantly. SFO-based. around $35K of spend towards DL this year, and they'll be getting the rest of it next year if I don't get GS.
Did you write to UA asking for your account to be reviewed for GS?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by ua_sp_102366
Did you write to UA asking for your account to be reviewed for GS?
Where does one do that?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Where does one do that?
Email [email protected]
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
First year plowing mileage onto United for no particular reason, I think my first flight of the year someone booked me on United so I just put 100% of my travel on United this year. I think I hit 1K around June/July.

Out of SFO:
PQM: 162,681
Spend: $43k so far all on United only, almost 100% were long-haul biz class travel

I have two, maybe three more trips this year, two already booked. so I'll probably finish the year at about 190k miles and about $55k-$60k in spend.

Never been GS before and it became a mild obsession this year to chase it but I'm not sure if 190k/$60k is enough to cut it at SFO?

If I make it I'll pour my business back to UA for 2016. If not I might take the same spend and pour it on AA, not that I'm feeling sour grapes but I was gunning for GS this year and I think I'm traveling about the most as I can while remaining happily married.

I had several weekends where I'd fly home SYD-SFO on Friday, attend birthday party saturday, fly SFO-NRT on Sunday. Almost 30 hours of flying over a weekend.

If I do any more I'll come home to the locks changed.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
looks like i'm not gonna qualify.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It will also be very interesting to see how and whether UA handles GS for large corporate contracts this year. More GS, fewer GS, same # and who gets to designate them.

Another route rather than writing directly to UA for a GS review is to have your corporate TA or the finance person in your company who handles the negotiations with UA, make the request for you. Cozy up to that person. It's not much work for them and you can even draft the email for them, but their stuff gets read and attention gets paid to it.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:46 am

GS Soft Landing

I will not prequalify this year after 3 years as GS. I went from Int'l Business Class to Domestic cigar tubes. Does anybody know if United provides "soft landings" to 1K?

Thanks,
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by seaweed20

A few questions: how do you calculate BIS miles? Is this something United shows on their website under MileagePlus activity? I don't have many miles (relative to others) but I almost always fly Business or First and have only flown United metal this year.

Any guidance from you experts is greatly appreciated. Thank you
I use http://openflights.org. I load my flights in there from TripIt. It allows me filter and get total BIS miles by airline. What is really cool that it even takes code-shares and enters them under the original metal. So, you are getting real miles flown by metal flown ^. It beats maintaining I spreadsheet like I did for years.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by sharmaintl
I use http://openflights.org. I load my flights in there from TripIt. It allows me filter and get total BIS miles by airline. What is really cool that it even takes code-shares and enters them under the original metal. So, you are getting real miles flown by metal flown ^. It beats maintaining I spreadsheet like I did for years.
Cool! Will have a look!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by sharmaintl
very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by BBDad57
I will not prequalify this year after 3 years as GS. I went from Int'l Business Class to Domestic cigar tubes. Does anybody know if United provides "soft landings" to 1K?

Thanks,
You will end up being 1K (irrespective of miles flown, $ spent etc.) next year assuming you don't re-qualify for GS.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Nov 28, 2015 at 3:53 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:19 pm

Sort Landing

Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I keep a spreadsheet. .
Curious to know why you do this. It is just a sort of hobby or interest in calculating airline miles and costs, or are there practical benefits?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ani90
Curious to know why you do this. It is just a sort of hobby or interest in calculating airline miles and costs, or are there practical benefits?
sometimes the easiest way to parse out UA-metal PQDs if that is what you are chasing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.