Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corporate travel agent and tour codes?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Corporate travel agent and tour codes?

My company has a corporate travel agent. I normally book my travel on united.com, but I noticed some cheaper business class fares through the corporate TA. Looking at the fare rules, I saw some rules I'm not used to:

TICKET ENDORSEMENTS:
THE ORIGINAL AND THE REISSUED TICKET MUST BE ANNOTATED - UA ONLY NONEND / NONRFND - IN THE ENDORSEMENT BOX. NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING. TICKETS MUST SHOW BY THE USE OF AN INSERT OR STICKER THAT TRAVEL IS AT A SPECIAL FARES AND SUBJECT TO SPECIAL CONDITIONS.

TOURS:
TOUR CODE AAABB MUST BE PLACED IN THE TOUR BOX ON THE TICKET.

NEGOCIATED FARES:
FARES MAY BE VIEWED/PRICED/TICKETED BY CCDD. FARE RECEIVED FROM EFGH. NO COMMISSION IS ALLOWED. PLACE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ON THE PASSENGER COUPON: TOUR CODE AAABB. PLACE BT IN THE FARE BOX. PLACE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ON THE AUDITORS COUPON: TOUR CODE AAABB.

Looking at the United website, there are some special rules about tour tickets:
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...es/united.aspx
"Certain specialty tickets (including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque tickets where the fare you paid is not provided to United) will earn award miles based on the flight distance2 and the purchased fare class using the chart below:"

How do I know if our fares fall into that category? Are there any downsides to not booking directly with UA? The tickets I'm looking at book into Z or D.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
Looking at the United website, there are some special rules about tour tickets:
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mar...es/united.aspx
"Certain specialty tickets (including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque tickets where the fare you paid is not provided to United) will earn award miles based on the flight distance2 and the purchased fare class using the chart below:" ...
those fares are non-PQD earning

....How do I know if our fares fall into that category? ...
receipt may list BULK instead of the price

...Are there any downsides to not booking directly with UA? The tickets I'm looking at book into Z or D.
I would be surprised if an individual could book tickets with those fares without using a qualified agency.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
those fares are non-PQD earning
That's fine, I'm based in SYD, so I don't need PQD.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I would be surprised if an individual could book tickets with those fares without using a qualified agency.
I meant booking public fares on united.com vs. booking these tickets with the TA.

In particular, will I get the same PQMs and RDMs?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Earning on those fares will depend on the agreement that your company has with United; however, I haven't seen a corporate discount program yet that doesn't earn full miles/PQM so you'll most likely be fine.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... In particular, will I get the same PQMs and RDMs?
PQMs should be fine.
RDMs -- if BULK, the higher fares will likely earn fewer RDMs than a published fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.