Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United to close HNL & DTW reservations office & DTW GS office {work from home option}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to close HNL & DTW reservations office & DTW GS office {work from home option}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/n...-reps-are.html

$3.3 million seems like such a small dent in the $2 billion UA is looking for. Does make you wonder what jobs are on the line in the next go-round.
...The entire Chicago res center...

Originally Posted by Chicago Business Journal
And just so you know, sources within the ranks of United customer service agents also maintain the Chicago customer service facility could be the next one to be vacated — though United has not said such a move is in the works.

Sources within United's customer service ranks say United CEO Jeff Smisek may want to ultimately organize one super-sized customer service center in Houston, Texas, a city he knows well due to his previous post as CEO of Continental Airlines, which was headquartered in Houston.

when does the lease on Willis expire?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuolumne
...The entire Chicago res center...

when does the lease on Willis expire?
I've got a plan that will get United Continental much closer to the $2 billion in required savings, much faster, than throwing its most senior employees on the street:

1. Don't renew the lease on Willis

2. Fire all of the "executives" whose only purpose is to execute Smisek's war against customers

3. Tell the other executives that they have to work from home with a 15% pay cut and they have to buy all the necessary equipment and if they can't afford it, then they can get a loan from United Continental to buy it

4. Any remaining executives who don't want to work from home or who need to be in an office for purposes of collaboration can choose to either work from Manila or Bangalore

5. Cut Smisek's annual compensation from $14,000,000 a year to $50,000 a year.

That will make a much bigger dent in profit margins than what they're doing to our beloved agents in DTW and HNL.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by nevansm
I haven't gotten a HNL agent in years (even when I call at weird times from the East coast). I've gotten quite a few DTWCC agents though, they always answer GS and they have done some amazing things for me! sCO agents on the other hand require a bit of finesse
+1. Very very sad.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:45 pm

FYI

UA has given it to their employees and they WILL be compensating the cost of equipment for the working from home agents.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:19 pm

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by ILman
FYI

UA has given it to their employees and they WILL be compensating the cost of equipment for the working from home agents.
Good to hear.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
So will Hawaii based phone agents continue to work from their homes?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
As long as they don't bring back those morons from Manila and India I will be fine with it. Overseas drones are incapable of providing proper customer service, as has been demonstrated on other threads. Thankfully haven't reached one in years, despite dropping in status...
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:48 pm

I think when you call MP at night you get Manila even as a 1K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.