Do I comment on this FA action?

Old Jul 16, 15, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, SPG GLD, HH Diam
Do I comment on this FA action?

Was in C on a sUA 777 facing the galley. Food service was complete and FAs were eating their meals in the galley. From my seat, see one of the FAs chow down on his ice cream, then picks up the whipped cream can, tilts head, and does a an extended squirt of his whipped cream topping. Really unprofessional looking. Am I being a fuddy-duddy on this?
Old Jul 16, 15, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SFO_FT View Post
Was in C on a sUA 777 facing the galley. Food service was complete and FAs were eating their meals in the galley. From my seat, see one of the FAs chow down on his ice cream, then picks up the whipped cream can, tilts head, and does a an extended squirt of his whipped cream topping. Really unprofessional looking. Am I being a fuddy-duddy on this?
If said can of whipped cream/non-dairy white stuff is later being used on customer-facing food, then yes.
Old Jul 16, 15, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
That is kind of gross

Last edited by goalie; Jul 16, 15 at 11:25 am Reason: off topic comments removed
Old Jul 16, 15, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
And you have a picture or other proof of this?

Why would UA bother to address it, when the FA would just say of course he didn't do that?
Old Jul 16, 15, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Not the most professional, but if the meal service was done, then it was probably going into the trash.
Old Jul 16, 15, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL
Definitely unprofessional. I really enjoy flying non-American carriers whenever possible as the crew are typically a bit more mature, professionally speaking. (some airlines are, of course, exceptions).
However, unless this FA was otherwise overly juvenile and unprofessional, or didn't provide the service you expected, I personally would opt to let it go.
Old Jul 16, 15, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the curtain is drawn and the sundae service is over, I guess I really don't have a problem -- FAs are just people.

But the fact that you were able to see it from your seat is so disgusting.

I would not write UA, but I would have mentioned to the FA -- hopefully in a light-hearted way--that canned whip cream is not good for your health. Hopefully he would get the message.
Old Jul 16, 15, 11:58 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
If the curtain is drawn and the sundae service is over, I guess I really don't have a problem -- FAs are just people.

But the fact that you were able to see it from your seat is so disgusting.

I would not write UA, but I would have mentioned to the FA -- hopefully in a light-hearted way--that canned whip cream is not good for your health. Hopefully he would get the message.
It's rare when we see eye to eye, but I have to 2nd this. There are smooth ways to address many things and this suggestion is smooth. Too late to do now though, so unless you see him again, the opportunity is lost.
Old Jul 16, 15, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fastair View Post
It's rare when we see eye to eye, but I have to 2nd this. There are smooth ways to address many things and this suggestion is smooth. Too late to do now though, so unless you see him again, the opportunity is lost.
^
Old Jul 16, 15, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I hope nobody saw me when I did the same thing in my kitchen last night.
Old Jul 16, 15, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
What? United uses canned whipped cream on my sundae?

And I thought the F/As whipped it by hand in the galley. For shame!
Old Jul 16, 15, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by SFO_FT View Post
Probably just a bit of levity in the galley, since the other FAs witnessed it, and it was not intended for the pax.
I see it as harmless fun.

You should have protested and said, "Hey, how about some for me!"
Old Jul 16, 15, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, AS Newbie, HH Dia
Originally Posted by noah View Post
I hope nobody saw me when I did the same thing in my kitchen last night.
I'm somewhat ashamed that my dogs come running when they hear that sound.
Old Jul 16, 15, 3:07 pm

Programs: United 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott PP; Marriott LT PLT; AA Gold
You sure the FA was only going after the whip cream? If I am remembering correctly from the days, I believe you can inhale something else from those cans....
Old Jul 16, 15, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA .5M, SPG Gold Lifetime
It's indeed probably being discarded after meal service & just light fun, these employees are under such awful conditions that a such move is, while still unprofessional, excuseable.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: