FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Do I comment on this FA action? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1695344-do-i-comment-fa-action.html)

SFO_FT Jul 16, 2015 9:41 am

Do I comment on this FA action?

Was in C on a sUA 777 facing the galley. Food service was complete and FAs were eating their meals in the galley. From my seat, see one of the FAs chow down on his ice cream, then picks up the whipped cream can, tilts head, and does a an extended squirt of his whipped cream topping. Really unprofessional looking. Am I being a fuddy-duddy on this?

ryman554 Jul 16, 2015 9:46 am

Originally Posted by SFO_FT (Post 25126244)
Was in C on a sUA 777 facing the galley. Food service was complete and FAs were eating their meals in the galley. From my seat, see one of the FAs chow down on his ice cream, then picks up the whipped cream can, tilts head, and does a an extended squirt of his whipped cream topping. Really unprofessional looking. Am I being a fuddy-duddy on this?

If said can of whipped cream/non-dairy white stuff is later being used on customer-facing food, then yes.

Singapore_Schwing Jul 16, 2015 10:10 am

That is kind of gross

JBord Jul 16, 2015 10:22 am

And you have a picture or other proof of this?

Why would UA bother to address it, when the FA would just say of course he didn't do that?

Sulley Jul 16, 2015 10:33 am

Not the most professional, but if the meal service was done, then it was probably going into the trash.

HelloItsMe Jul 16, 2015 10:35 am

Definitely unprofessional. I really enjoy flying non-American carriers whenever possible as the crew are typically a bit more mature, professionally speaking. (some airlines are, of course, exceptions).
However, unless this FA was otherwise overly juvenile and unprofessional, or didn't provide the service you expected, I personally would opt to let it go.

MatthewLAX Jul 16, 2015 10:53 am

If the curtain is drawn and the sundae service is over, I guess I really don't have a problem -- FAs are just people.

But the fact that you were able to see it from your seat is so disgusting.

I would not write UA, but I would have mentioned to the FA -- hopefully in a light-hearted way--that canned whip cream is not good for your health. Hopefully he would get the message.

fastair Jul 16, 2015 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 25126697)
If the curtain is drawn and the sundae service is over, I guess I really don't have a problem -- FAs are just people.

But the fact that you were able to see it from your seat is so disgusting.

I would not write UA, but I would have mentioned to the FA -- hopefully in a light-hearted way--that canned whip cream is not good for your health. Hopefully he would get the message.

It's rare when we see eye to eye, but I have to 2nd this. There are smooth ways to address many things and this suggestion is smooth. Too late to do now though, so unless you see him again, the opportunity is lost.

MatthewLAX Jul 16, 2015 11:08 am

Originally Posted by fastair (Post 25126739)
It's rare when we see eye to eye, but I have to 2nd this. There are smooth ways to address many things and this suggestion is smooth. Too late to do now though, so unless you see him again, the opportunity is lost.

^

noah Jul 16, 2015 11:13 am

I hope nobody saw me when I did the same thing in my kitchen last night.

Alpha Golf Jul 16, 2015 11:55 am

What? United uses canned whipped cream on my sundae?

And I thought the F/As whipped it by hand in the galley. For shame!

zombietooth Jul 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_FT (Post 25126244)

Probably just a bit of levity in the galley, since the other FAs witnessed it, and it was not intended for the pax.
I see it as harmless fun.

You should have protested and said, "Hey, how about some for me!"

MrOCTeckels Jul 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by noah (Post 25126830)
I hope nobody saw me when I did the same thing in my kitchen last night.

I'm somewhat ashamed that my dogs come running when they hear that sound.

dank0014 Jul 16, 2015 2:07 pm

You sure the FA was only going after the whip cream? If I am remembering correctly from the days, I believe you can inhale something else from those cans.... :)

Richard Chen Jul 16, 2015 4:16 pm

It's indeed probably being discarded after meal service & just light fun, these employees are under such awful conditions that a such move is, while still unprofessional, excuseable.