Wiki Posts
Search

FA Jumpseat Seatbelt?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
FA Jumpseat Seatbelt?

Was sitting in 8A on a PMUA 757 last week heading to Boston across from the FA in the jumpseat. Noticed she didn't use the lap restraint and only put one arm through the shoulder restraint for takeoff and landing. Of course it would be a 'he said she said' sort of thing so not sure whether its worth sending a note about. Thoughts? Anyone seen something like that happen before?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Unless their intention is to rush the cockpit, my position is that if someone is stupid enough to disobey the seat belt rules, it's not my place to rat them out. If something happens, it's their own fault.

I guess you could make a technical argument that the FA's safety is necessary to direct passengers in an emergency, but I wouldn't want to get a FA penalized or possibly fired over something like that.

To answer your other question, I've seen them halfway the shoulder strap a couple times. But I don't think I've ever seen them not use the lap belt. Not very smart since most accidents happen at takeoff and landing.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

My thought exactly. FA was perfectly pleasant and I don't want to be a snitch
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:43 pm

Snitch?

As long as the union tolerates power tripping FA's passengers should "snitch" for real events. OK it is not fair since FA's will use their power even when there are no facts. But one side does need to be reasonable...and it is likely the the passengers.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NJFlyer42
As long as the union tolerates power tripping FA's passengers should "snitch" for real events. OK it is not fair since FA's will use their power even when there are no facts. But one side does need to be reasonable...and it is likely the the passengers.
Haha a reasonable thought ;D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.