Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Remaining vestiges of United (pre-merger)...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remaining vestiges of United (pre-merger)...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1P
At baggage claim at JFK, arriving on a LH flight, the monitors (for the codeshare number) had the old United logo! Was really surprised, that should be a lot easier to fix than old logos on tarmac baggage cars...

Last edited by LXFlyer; Nov 2, 2015 at 10:47 am Reason: insert image instead of linking to it
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:29 am

Last Tulips in Circulation

The United Tulip was one of the most iconic logos in the history of aviation, and while they've been removed over the years, people have said they've been able to spot them here and there.

According to the United Fleet Site (which tends to be fairly accurate - https://sites.google.com/site/united...fleet-tracking), there are still some planes with UA Blue, or "Rising Blue" in the skies.

There are:

1x CRJ700 (N760SK)
4X E145 (N844HK, N845HK, N846HK, N847HK)

This might not be accurate, or not be accurate for long, but if so, are these the last places to sight the tulips? Anywhere else one can find one? (Airport Signage, Ground Handling Equipment, Galley Trays exc.)

The only place I can frequently spot on is at a foreign airport that doesn't serve UA, but is a codeshare partner of UA, so when they run the codeshare partners logos, older UA word marks tend to show up....
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
The United Tulip was one of the most iconic logos in the history of aviation, and while they've been removed over the years, people have said they've been able to spot them here and there.

According to the United Fleet Site (which tends to be fairly accurate - https://sites.google.com/site/united...fleet-tracking), there are still some planes with UA Blue, or "Rising Blue" in the skies.

There are:

1x CRJ700 (N760SK)

This might not be accurate, or not be accurate for long, but if so, are these the last places to sight the tulips? Anywhere else one can find one? (Airport Signage, Ground Handling Equipment, Galley Trays exc.)

The only place I can frequently spot on is at a foreign airport that doesn't serve UA, but is a codeshare partner of UA, so when they run the codeshare partners logos, older UA word marks tend to show up....
If you go back to post #4 in this discussion you will see I link I posted to a Facebook page where people submit photos they find of the Tulip. Still the odd luggage cart here and there.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis

There are:

1x CRJ700 (N760SK)
Now we are down to two.....

2x E145 (N846HK,N847HK)

Additionally N846HK took it's last flight one week ago, so we might be down to one soon!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:42 pm

Thats it! United is now 100% Globe!

(As far as aircraft)

Last edited by NikoLGA; Mar 24, 2016 at 7:43 pm Reason: Lack of clarification
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Well that's disappointing.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:58 am

Not sure if this completely qualifies for the thread. However, I was surprised to see such an old file photo. The San Francisco Chronicle's website is clearly yearning for the days of Ted.

Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
It's nice, if a little nostalgic and sad, to see these. Flying out of DEN, I feel like very little is left of the tulip aside from some of the baggage carts. I remember not too long ago seeing a few that had the Saul Bass 70's look. They must have been brought over from Stapleton.

Seeing the tulip again reminds of the days when UA really felt like an airline with a lot of class. I've gotten over it, but I'll never forget it.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Was cruising around one of my family's orchards this morning and drove through the equipment yard...

Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:57 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
One of the round tumblers/glasses used during dinner service in GF on EWR-BRU had the United logo with the tulip.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by scottpenderson
Not sure if this completely qualifies for the thread. However, I was surprised to see such an old file photo. The San Francisco Chronicle's website is clearly yearning for the days of Ted.

Rar!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Flew into JFK T4 (Copa) on Sunday and Baggage claim displays still use United tulip logo to display codeshare flight numbers. Was rushing so didn't snap a pic.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Saw this at United family day two weeks ago. Long live the tulip.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Nice! Haven't been to Family Day since 2012, a year filled with a ton of tulips... Good to see them still kicking around.

From 2012:

Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I started a thread over a decade ago about what your local United CTO had turned into.

I took a picture of this place then, and it's still there today! They did add "& Eyelash" a few years later.

(Photo courtesy of Google Street View)

Last edited by pseudoswede; Oct 20, 2016 at 11:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.