Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA1545 off the taxiway at IAH [13 APR 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA1545 off the taxiway at IAH [13 APR 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geo979
If the next flight for this plane took off late, I'm sure they would have called it a weather delay. After all, if it hadn't rained and caused the ground to be soft...
I suspect this plane's next "flight" was to a maintenance hangar to have it's nose gear thoroughly cleaned and inspected.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
It happens, even AF1 got stuck in the mud
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I just read where an OZ plane at Hiroshima skid off the runway. The amusing part was in their statement they listed the nationality make up of plane's pax. I had to double check because I thought it meant it was so severe people died!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I just read where an OZ plane at Hiroshima skid off the runway.
One end of the runway there is a massive ravine.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: HiltonSilver, MariottGold, HyattPlat, KimptonTier3, UA 1K, HertzGold,AvisPres
This FOX reporter, Ashley, on Facebook is demanding compensation from UA and even included the hashtag #iwantarefund. I don't get it. They walked away from it with no injuries. The pax interviewed said UA and HFD kept everyone calm and there was an orderly evac of the plane. Unless there's some negligence on the part of UA or the pilot, I'm more of the mind if I were in that situation to count my blessings, kiss the wife, and move on... Sounds like the weather was pretty poor.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gadfly
Reminds me of a very similar incident many years ago flying from IAH to Paris. I was in Business First and was surprised to see Gordon Bethune on board. Plane lands smoothly in Paris and then pilot takes a wide turn off the runway.....and gets stuck in the grass and mud. Eventually had to bring out stairs to deplane all of us. I felt for the pilots on that flight.
Did Gordon do anything like apologize , etc.?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by Boondr
Sounds like maybe they went into the high-speed taxiway at too high of a speed? From the picture Seth shared they are a good 20+ ft off the edge, that doesn't seem to me to be just a wide turn.

Left seat pilot error.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by p924s87
This FOX reporter, Ashley, on Facebook is demanding compensation from UA and even included the hashtag #iwantarefund. I don't get it.
If she was connecting, this could have been a big deal. When do you think she was at her next gate? When do you think her bags were offloaded? I can easily imagine how this turned into a trip in vain, entirely United's fault, and if I were in that situation, I'd want a good answer from United on why they get to keep my money.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by p924s87
This FOX reporter, Ashley, on Facebook is demanding compensation from UA and even included the hashtag #iwantarefund. I don't get it. They walked away from it with no injuries. The pax interviewed said UA and HFD kept everyone calm and there was an orderly evac of the plane. Unless there's some negligence on the part of UA or the pilot, I'm more of the mind if I were in that situation to count my blessings, kiss the wife, and move on... Sounds like the weather was pretty poor.
Correct!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:06 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UTex09
Went off the runway during landing from LAS according to local news. More pics here. Appears to have been UA 1545 tail N37471
Looks like whatever damage there might have been has been fixed as according to the flight status, goalie-parents are flying this bird FLL-IAH on April, 22nd as UA1164*

*and I think I'll tell goalie-parents they're flying a celebrity after they arrive back in SFO later that day

Last edited by goalie; Apr 18, 2015 at 10:25 am Reason: added some humor
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goalie
Looks like whatever damage there might have been has been fixed as according to the flight status, goalie-parents are flying this bird FLL-IAH on April, 22nd as UA1164*

*and I think I'll tell goalie-parents they're flying a celebrity after they arrive back in SFO later that day
I waited until we landed at NRT to let my Mom know that I was so antsy with our take off from SFO because of UA's 747 mx issues.
The look on her face.
I rolled with it and said "No no not like the engines and stuff like that the planes are just old and it's things like the bathroom water lines taking a few hours to fix."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.