Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phone Call from UA - Flight Activity

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Renard
I received an email survey that asked a lot of the same questions about recent changes to my travel patterns with United. The possible responses given included both recent changes to Mileage Plus and to the earning of elite status. I was surprised to have received it as I was hardly a high value flier--although I wouldn't think that they lost money on me as my fares were so cheap--they've got the typical Houston fare high enough to prevent that in most cases.
Interesting that you mentioned that, I forgot, I took one survey, similar to what you mentioned. At the end, it asked if we can contact you for more details and gave me the option to enter my contact information in.

Personally, I have no problem providing a company feedback, and believe it's the right thing to do to help them improve, and hopefully make my experience better.

I'm starting to think, maybe answering the piece about ok to contact for more info prompted the call....

Originally Posted by sierranevada
Well - I had a missed call from United - 702-389-5870. When I call the number back, I get a recording that says "Hello United Customer. We want to ensure that you have outstanding customer service. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 1-800-United1." So maybe they are doing phone surveys.
Mine wasn't that area code. It was from 281.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Long Zhiren
This kind of response seems unnecessarily rude. Chill out.
Please think and be nice, people. Thank him/her for calling!
The person making the phone call is probably just a messenger and was not consulted regarding issues that ire. We need to find the people who do manage the policies, and get them to speak/listen. The person making the phone call probably has a good idea of how to find the proper points of contact.
If it is like most surveys, it is just a contracted company hired to ask the questions and tally the answers and has nothing to do with UA directly. Being rude/mean to the person calling/company emailing serves no purpose at getting back at UA and just makes you look like an idiot.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:33 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Long Zhiren
This kind of response seems unnecessarily rude. Chill out.

All we're saying is we don't want to provide valuable marketing feedback for nothing in exchange. Nobody's being rude; we simply decline the requests and politely say goodbye.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Maybe we're not so different...

Originally Posted by RNE

All we're saying is we don't want to provide valuable marketing feedback for nothing in exchange. Nobody's being rude; we simply decline the requests and politely say goodbye.
Again, what we might get in exchange is a better airline. Even the "bogus" coffee survey might have served the needs of their customers; the "other" category, checked often enough, is a pretty strong indictment of the status quo.

What United asks in surveys (at least on the 'net) doesn't take too much time. I've had survey requests from some companies that would literally take 20 minutes to get through. One even forecast 25. That's more time than I'm willing to freely give. But 5-10 minutes, once in a blue moon, I'm OK with that, providing it's a company I do business with. But if Southwest asked, the answer would be no. Nothing against Southwest, but I don't fly Southwest, so I'd see no benefit from giving them my (uncompensated) time.

So this is getting interesting, because your attitude and mine is pretty much the same, in terms of valuing our time and not giving something for nothing. The difference is that I think I would be getting something in return, while you don't.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dank0014
Mine wasn't that area code. It was from 281.
Houston we have a problem!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by sierranevada
Well - I had a missed call from United - 702-389-5870. When I call the number back, I get a recording that says "Hello United Customer. We want to ensure that you have outstanding customer service. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 1-800-United1." So maybe they are doing phone surveys.
The calls from 702-389-5870 are surveys around United customers' service experience.
I wish they used a proper caller ID.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by ubaumann
The calls from 702-389-5870 are surveys around United customers' service experience.
I wish they used a proper caller ID.
Welcome to FT.

But,...

Timely response for a post from more than 3 years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.