Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific Segment - Using Galileo PNR from UA Ticket on CX Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P

I recently purchased a ticket from UA (016 stock) with UA, NH, and CX segments (J Class) on it. I have been able to select my seats on the NH website but when I use the "Galileo PNR" on the CX website it won't accept it - and I've tried every combination of my name possible.... Before I find a number to call CX was wondering if anyone else had any luck using the CX website with a Galileo PNR purchased on .bomb? I did a search and all I turned up was threads from 2011...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:13 pm

I thought CX used Amadeus?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by United757
I thought CX used Amadeus?
In the little pop-out screen where you get the other airlines pnr's it says Galileo - and then the record locator for my CX flight - to be honest I'm not sure what they use currently....
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just call Cathay, tell them the flight number/date and ask what the PNR is in their system. Much faster and more likely to yield accurate results than posting here debating which GDS platform they use.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:38 pm

Cathay uses Amadeus. Again, better to call CX too.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Finally got through to CX - after an hour on hold. There's an hour of my life I will never get back.... The Galileo PNR was useless and CX couldn't explain what the heck UA was thinking as they use Amadeus and the PNR on my UA ticket was useless... Next time I will book on my own as the disinformation UA provides costs more than its worth lol....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.