Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2020, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by blondietink
I am flying (hopefully) to Geneva from Buffalo in early September via Dulles and I only found out when I went into my account to upgrade my seats that United cancelled my return flight from Geneva without rebooking it, so I just had a return flight from Dulles to Buffalo. Maybe they thought I would swim across the Atlantic to get back? Anyway, after being on hold forever, I was connected to an agent with a HORRIBLE headset and I could not hear him at all. So, he called me back and the connection was better and we muddled through getting me a return flight to Buffalo via Newark. He put me on hold and I got disconnected. Looks like everything is going to be through Heathrow for now. Waited for him to call me back but he never did. Went into my account again and my new flight is listed. At this point I am glad they are at least attempting to get me to/from Switzerland. If I booked my flights now for the same seats, I would be paying more than twice the price that I paid for them last November. At least it looks like the seats are being blocked off to keep seats empty. Dinner service is still listed for the overnight flight. I wonder how long that will stay with FA's not wanting to interact with flyers much. This is the first I have flown United in many years as we usually fly American or Southwest.
they will eventually re-book automatically, but for September so many things are still going to change ... they don't do it that early. You can call them (like you did) and they will fix it for you for now ... but you might have to do this again.
Old May 23, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
You should check your outbound as well UA974/UA975 seems to be scheduled to restart in October.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
recently noticed my SFO-TLV and return flights have been changed from a 77W to 789. Timing is about the same. We never been on the new Polaris product. Anyway we could request a change to SFO-EWR-TLV which still uses 77W?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
recently noticed my SFO-TLV and return flights have been changed from a 77W to 789. Timing is about the same. We never been on the new Polaris product. Anyway we could request a change to SFO-EWR-TLV which still uses 77W?
I find the 789 experience to be much preferable to the 77W, and doubly so if you're traveling as a group. And adding a stop at EWR adds over 800 miles of travel and probably about four hours to the trip.

That said, there's a good chance UA would make that change if you called and cited the new seats as a reason for booking that flight in the first place. You might need to try a couple of times.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:33 am

SFO-TLV cancelled and automatically rebooked through EWR.
paid premium cabin (A)
Would like to rebook on the next days sfo tlv flight
However no premium on the new equipment.
Would UA rebook in J? Or refund the difference from A to whatever eco they'd rebook into?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kleinnaf
Would UA rebook in J?
No.
Or refund the difference from A to whatever eco they'd rebook into?
Yes.

Last edited by jsloan; Jul 10, 2020 at 9:08 am
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by jsloan
Would UA rebook in J?
No.

Yes.
Thanks, figured as much
Anyway to calculate what the difference will be? Rather call when I have all the information

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 10, 2020 at 12:07 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, figured as much
Anyway to calculate what the difference will be? Rather call when I have all the information
UA will probably compute it as the difference between the current fare and what you paid originally, so if you do a dummy booking, that should give you an idea. If they come up with something different, and it's not in your favor, just ask for a refund and buy the new flight. It's possible that you might get something more favorable, but it's not easy to know without calling. Expect to be on hold for a few minutes while they contact the rate desk to figure it out.

Last edited by jsloan; Jul 10, 2020 at 9:42 am
Old Jul 10, 2020, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by jsloan
UA will probably compute it as the difference between the current fare and what you paid originally, so if you do a dummy booking, that should give you an idea. If they come up with something different, and it's not in your favor, just ask for a refund and buy the new flight. It's possible that you might get something more favorable, but it's not easy to know without calling. Expect to be on hold for a few minutes while they contact the rate desk to figure it out.
Thanks thanks for all the replies I dread those long holds while talking to rate desk ):

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 10, 2020 at 12:09 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Jul 10, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
If LH is operating SFO-FRA or SFO-MUC on your desired date of travel, you could try asking for a reroute via FRA or MUC, which would have you seated in the PE cabin on the overwater flight at least. No guarantees of success in asking for such a rebook, however, as the UA schedule change policy indicates that rebooking is only onto UA operated flights.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there are some nasty LH TATL changes that UA has not yet processed. Oh yuck ... several of my tickets for late October are now busted.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
there are some nasty LH TATL changes that UA has not yet processed. Oh yuck ... several of my tickets for late October are now busted.
LH has been making significant schedule changes over the past two weeks -- taking many "ghost" flights off the schedule. I got hit (and allowed a full refund) for some intra-European connections last week
Old Jul 10, 2020, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192
If LH is operating SFO-FRA or SFO-MUC on your desired date of travel, you could try asking for a reroute via FRA or MUC, which would have you seated in the PE cabin on the overwater flight at least. No guarantees of success in asking for such a rebook, however, as the UA schedule change policy indicates that rebooking is only onto UA operated flights.
see below with some nasty LH changes coming through ... it's risky

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
LH has been making significant schedule changes over the past two weeks -- taking many "ghost" flights off the schedule. I got hit (and allowed a full refund) for some intra-European connections last week
mine still showed operating till recently. Now the codeshares are gone - UA didn't do anything but I called 1K and they confirmed all flights cancelled between 2 of my cities of this multi-trip with no options.

That's another ouch $9800 refund for UA to shell out. At least I already made 1K in February and got my +Ps ... let's see if I can use them in 2021!
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Can 1K agent more empowered?

I had a schedule change from 11am to 7am. The other option was to depart at 5:30 pm. There was another flight departing at 11:30 am but from a nearby city. So, I intentionally called within 20 h of departure. I was very clear at the beginning of the conversation that the new schedule would not work and I would like to have an even exchange of the ticket. So, this agent talked to a supervisor and came back and asked for additional 25K miles from me (original ticket was 10K miles). I said no. Then, he asked me whether or not I wanted to speak to the supervisor. I said “sure.” But actually, he did not connect me to his supervisor and he probably talked to another supervisor. Then, he came back and said that the distance between the original and new airports is within 100 miles. The supervisor allowed him to have an even exchange. The entire call took 29 minutes. . I wish that this call should last no more than 5 minutes if the agent were more empowered!
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Trying to burn my remaining UA miles, I have SFO-ZRH-ATH booked in September on LX. Looks like LX has canceled my original flights SFO-ZRH and ZRH-ATH, resulting in an impossible rebooking:

No notice from UA, of course.

Will likely just cancel, as contrary to previous reports, it doesn't look like Greece will be allowing US residents to enter anytime soon (not to mention the ZRH transit issues).

Man I've having a hard time burning these miles (previously forced to cancel NH F and BR J awards due to COVID).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.