Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Eric Westby
Wow! That's about as A-list as you can get. And as a fellow French bulldog owner, I'd have been almost as excited to see Asia as to see Lady Gaga. :P
I've met Lady Gaga three times in the last year - the last time was on the way to Tokyo - she surprisingly flies UA quite a bit! In London I was trapped in our hotel when she made her "exit" - literally couldn't leave the hotel for 30 minutes while she made her grand exit to the concert.... She's a decent person but the whole production is a bit much for me....

PS - I have pictures to prove it for you FT doubters....
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I've met Lady Gaga three times in the last year - the last time was on the way to Tokyo - she surprisingly flies UA quite a bit! In London I was trapped in our hotel when she made her "exit" - literally couldn't leave the hotel for 30 minutes while she made her grand exit to the concert.... She's a decent person but the whole production is a bit much for me....

PS - I have pictures to prove it for you FT doubters....
Impressive.

I snapped a long-distance pic of John Legend at the BOS UC a couple weeks ago as well, but I didn't post it lest I be accused of violating his privacy.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:20 pm

Impressive.

I snapped a long-distance pic of John Legend at the BOS UC a couple weeks ago as well, but I didn't post it lest I be accused of violating his privacy.
Here's a pic from a recent trip that won't incriminate me personally.... This is just before she walked out to meet the press at our hotel... We stay at the same place frequently and she and her entourage are quite fun - especially after their concerts...

Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Here's a pic from a recent trip that won't incriminate me personally.... This is just before she walked out to meet the press at our hotel... We stay at the same place frequently and she and her entourage are quite fun - especially after their concerts...
Nice. Still not sure whether that thing behind her head is a floral arrangement or a hat.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:53 pm

Nice. Still not sure whether that thing behind her head is a floral arrangement or a hat.
LOL - it's a snail - here's a pic from outside.... No - I can't explain it - any more than her outfit upon arrival in Japan....

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Mar 22, 2015 at 5:04 pm
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Clive Owen at the LAX UC (the old GFL) with outside food right now.

Edit: he's on p.s. UA912 in the forward BF cabin.

Double edit: See! Celebrities are just like us!

Last edited by JVPhoto; Mar 29, 2015 at 12:58 pm
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:37 am

Charles Krauthammer

Keep spotting folks who's politics I disagree with. IAD-IAH. Sat in First with what appears to be his adult children.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Argentina & Manchester City footballers Sergio Aguero & Pablo Zabaletta on UA81 EWR-MAN on 1st April. Boarded last (BF cabin was last to be boarded due to BF catering not arriving on time anyway).
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by airzim
Keep spotting folks who's politics I disagree with. IAD-IAH. Sat in First with what appears to be his adult children.
Flew with him a few weeks ago on AS DCA LAX. He was in the bulkhead and his children were really quite rude to the FA's, demanding things. Also, he reclined his seat fully before pushback and it stayed that way the entire time. Thanks for the legroom in an already tight F cabin.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by nevansm
Flew with him [Krauthammer] a few weeks ago on AS DCA LAX. He was in the bulkhead and his children were really quite rude to the FA's, demanding things. Also, he reclined his seat fully before pushback and it stayed that way the entire time. Thanks for the legroom in an already tight F cabin.
I'm calling BS on this one. Krauthammer has only one child (so there's no "children"). He's also a high-level paraplegic -- something you probably would have acknowledged when you talked about his seat being back, if it were really him.

As far as political views go, he's been on both sides of the spectrum. He used to write speeches for Walter Mondale, in case you didn't know....
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:45 pm

Hillary Clinton flies United Airlines

This is the main headline on Drudge, who trumpets:

HILLARY FLIES HOME COACH; CARRIES OWN LUGGAGE

In contrast with the private jet service Hillary has been accustomed to on her storied and lucrative speaking tours, her ride home was a no-frills commercial flight without a First Class seat to be found anywhere.

For flights from Omaha to Newark, United uses Embraer ERJ-135 and ERJ-145 jets with nothing but narrow economy-class seats.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Gold
Mario Lopez yesterday on Flight 1034 LAX-IAH. First class, wearing aviator sunglasses and cap that made it more difficult to recognize him (I didn't, but my seat mate did).
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
3/11 (ish) IAD-MCO Joe Theismann in first .. 3A

got my upgrade (surprisingly) and was seated when Joe walked on. Very nice guy.. genuine good chat.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM
I wouldn't call this a "celebrity" but I was seated next to the New Zealand Minister of Trade and Minister for Climate Change Issues, Tim Groser, on SFO-IAD. He was coming to DC for World Bank and IMF meetings. Had a nice conversation with him about AIIB and TPP, very interesting although he is certainly more conservative than I am.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by Climb&Maintain
Argentina & Manchester City footballers Sergio Aguero & Pablo Zabaletta on UA81 EWR-MAN on 1st April. Boarded last (BF cabin was last to be boarded due to BF catering not arriving on time anyway).
Argentina played Ecuador in an international friendly in Newark on the 31 March, which I attended. Agüero actually scored about 10 minutes into the fixture. Must've been heading back to the big club after some brief international duty, although none of this is probably news to someone from the UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.