Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2015]

Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM

Kimye on UA 441, the 6 am PS from JFK to LAX. Must be a last minute booking, as they had the worst seats in BF (5AB). Held up the deplaning for a minute as exited left down the stairs to a Mercedes. UA goes crazy for celebs, even the fictional ones.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: 1k
On different dates Colin Firth and Gerard Butler at lounge in London.

With Butler I was using the urinal and looked over to see him using another right next to me.

And NO, I did not peek.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by dkc715
Kimye on UA 441, the 6 am PS from JFK to LAX. Must be a last minute booking, as they had the worst seats in BF (5AB). Held up the deplaning for a minute as exited left down the stairs to a Mercedes. UA goes crazy for celebs, even the fictional ones.
Looks like the paps caught them on the way out

Http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0849720587.jpg
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:27 am

Matt Lauer and Natalie Morales on LAX-EWR redeye

http://pagesix.com/2015/01/12/matt-l...719.1421022524

Matt apparently switched seats and ended up next to her. Not sure how exaggerated 'passenger bugging him' thing was.

Paid first class, and not on a lie flat seat. Natalie lives in NJ. Matt...not sure why he's heading to Newark. Maybe everything was sold out.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by dkc715
5AB are some people's favorite seats, myself included. But I don't usually sleep on those flights and prefer easy access for service.

Which is the nice thing about varying preferences - everyone is happy.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:33 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
5AB are some people's favorite seats, myself included. But I don't usually sleep on those flights and prefer easy access for service.

Which is the nice thing about varying preferences - everyone is happy.
+1. I always book 5AB when I can able. Bigger footwell, easy access to crew when needed, and snack basket within reach.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Matt Lauer and Natalie Morales on LAX-EWR redeye

http://pagesix.com/2015/01/12/matt-l...719.1421022524

Matt apparently switched seats and ended up next to her. Not sure how exaggerated 'passenger bugging him' thing was.

Paid first class, and not on a lie flat seat. Natalie lives in NJ. Matt...not sure why he's heading to Newark. Maybe everything was sold out.
and who says there's no premium traffic LAX-EWR? cue up the "why doesn't p.s. come to EWR" thread!

*throws kerosene on fire and walks away*

Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt GLobalist
....interesting that two people actually received battlefield UGs on a LAX-EWR transcon....

“Lauer wanted to move to two empty seats so he could stretch out, but the flight attendants had just upgraded two people from coach,”
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Kathleen Matthews on MEX-IAD on Wednesday, Jan. 14. She is married to Hardball host Chris Matthews and was a news anchor for 25 years in DC at WJLA. Now she is a high level exec at Marriott. She was very nice and flight attendant commented that he had flown with her husband a few times.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:04 pm

Young Mr. Smisek

A young Mr. Smisek in 3C with his fiancee, SFO-BOS red-eye (I was across the aisle). The FA, when greeting PAX and taking meal orders said his name out loud, and then asked, "any relation?" to which the young Mr. Smisek replied affirmatively. The cabin crew were understandably fawning over the couple, especially after it was revealed that they had recently become engaged.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: HiltonSilver, MariottGold, HyattPlat, KimptonTier3, UA 1K, HertzGold,AvisPres
Met and spoke with Rep. Darrell Issa in the San Diego UC a few weeks ago. Really interesting person to talk to and was very nice to everyone who came up to him.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: 1K , 2MM, UA Club, *G, Admirals Club Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
UA 535 JFK-LAX February 1

Madonna sitting in 2D, me in 4D, UA535 ps flight, JFK-SAN 5:07 departure.

3-4 girls with her, lots of movement back and forth between rows.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: Platinum
My wife sat next to Jerry Rice, MCO-SFO. She did not realize who he was until her fellow passengers mentioned his name. In her defence, she is not a football fan. She said he was soft spoken, and really skinny.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Yesterday, at IAD, I was walking around while waiting for the next UX flight in A after missing a connection.

Noticed lots of agents and security at the Lufthansa gate before the plane arrived. Walking by again, noticed the plane pull up - agents went down jetway and emerged with the Dalai Lama. Definitely the best sighting in my travel experiences. I found it interesting that there was no car on the tarmac for him. He was of course on the other side of the glass to head down to CBP.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:40 am
Suspended

I've met Jerry before and he's very polite. Wish more NFL players were like him.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.