Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to other threads if the question deserves its own thread.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to 2014's thread (now closed):

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2014 Thread]
Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
I've had some delayed flights lately where UA has accommodated me on other airlines.

My question is whether these miles count towards MM status? I'm dang close but right now missing these miles.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:01 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Tall Paul
I've had some delayed flights lately where UA has accommodated me on other airlines.

My question is whether these miles count towards MM status? I'm dang close but right now missing these miles.
You will most likely have to call in, but ask for Original Routing Credit.

i.e., the miles you would have received had you flown your original UA metal flights.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: Asiana, TAP, United, British, TAM
Hi, guys! I started paying attention to the mileage fun just recently, so I´m afraid I might lose around 2500 miles because of that and need help!
I signed up to MileagePlus through Copa airlines last December. There was a promo offering 25% bonus miles for new members flying before the end of 2014. The miles have finally been posted for that flight, BUT the extra miles have not!
Does anyone know where I can info on that promotion? I have been contacted by a Mileage Plus representative I need to give them more info on the promotion! I expected the experience to be smoother...... Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I'm posting this on behalf of a friend of mine who has no status. He needs to change his flight from a Thursday Evening to a Friday morning. I was going to recommend a same day change to him at the last minute and only pay $75.00 rather than pay the $250.00 ticket change.

I noticed on the UA website on the Same Day Changes page that is states:

When the original ticketed fare class is not available on the requested flight within 24 hours of departure, the same-day flight change fee (instead of the change fee stated in the fare rules) will apply, as well as any additional payments or refunds for the difference in fare

So for example: If he has an S fare and there are no longer any S tickets available on that flight, but the cheapest ticket is a W fare, would he have to pay the difference between an S and a W ticket?

Also, if the above is true, which S and W fares would be used, the ones at the time he made the purchase or the ones at the time of the change?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phkc070408
I'm posting this on behalf of a friend of mine who has no status. He needs to change his flight from a Thursday Evening to a Friday morning. I was going to recommend a same day change to him at the last minute and only pay $75.00 rather than pay the $250.00 ticket change.

I noticed on the UA website on the Same Day Changes page that is states:

When the original ticketed fare class is not available on the requested flight within 24 hours of departure, the same-day flight change fee (instead of the change fee stated in the fare rules) will apply, as well as any additional payments or refunds for the difference in fare

So for example: If he has an S fare and there are no longer any S tickets available on that flight, but the cheapest ticket is a W fare, would he have to pay the difference between an S and a W ticket?

Also, if the above is true, which S and W fares would be used, the ones at the time he made the purchase or the ones at the time of the change?
He would have to pay the difference in fare. It would be the difference between the fare he paid (S) at the time he paid it and the price of the W fare at the time of the change plus the $75 fee.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Are E+ buy up offers dynamic? I have checked my itin several times over the past weeks and the price ($159) has not changed. Will I likely be presented a better offer at online check-in or at airport kiosk? Specifically interested in UA 38/39 (EWR/OSL).
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Are E+ buy up offers dynamic? I have checked my itin several times over the past weeks and the price ($159) has not changed. ...
For a given seat there has been no evidence of dynamic pricing. Reported experiences suggest the pricing will not change (but it does seem like path UA might go some day).
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:12 am

Will phoning the reservations line result in more or better options than on the website?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 4293844428
Will phoning the reservations line result in more or better options than on the website?
Yes -- the phone agent's search tool can show different options for both paid and award. For award, some airlines such as SQ, are not only available online. That said, in most cases there will be few differences but calling can be a useful option.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 29, 2015 at 10:33 pm Reason: typo,sorry
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
For award, some airlines such as SQ, are onlynot available online.
Corrected above.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:32 pm

Can anyone give me an estimate of how long it takes for signup bonuses to be awarded for the Chase MileagePlus Explorer cards? Maybe I'm just spoiled with Amex's near immediate points granting after minimum spend is met, but I hit the threshold a few days ago and with no word yet am wondering if I'll get the miles before my farelock expires.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by nivekious
Can anyone give me an estimate of how long it takes for signup bonuses to be awarded for the Chase MileagePlus Explorer cards? Maybe I'm just spoiled with Amex's near immediate points granting after minimum spend is met, but I hit the threshold a few days ago and with no word yet am wondering if I'll get the miles before my farelock expires.
For me it posted a week after the statement in which I passed the minimum spend closed.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by nivekious
Chase bonus posting tends to be related to end of the billing cycle in which the bonus threshold was met.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Chase bonus posting tends to be related to end of the billing cycle in which the bonus threshold was met.
Darn, so definitely more than a week on a new card then. Guess I'll just have to buy the points I'm short. Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:13 am

Hello,

I have an award flight booked in a month in economy. If business class availability opens up after the 21 day time frame passes, will I be charged a fee to change my award ticket to business class?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.