Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to other threads if the question deserves its own thread.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to 2014's thread (now closed):

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2014 Thread]
Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I can stand by for a flight from EWR->OSL even if my flight is EWR->HAM->OSL?
The no charge rule (if not Gold or higher) only works at a connecting city, so no help in your case.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I can stand by for a flight from EWR->OSL even if my flight is EWR->HAM->OSL?
You can do a same-day change (SDC), but in general, I don't think you can standby if you've checked baggage.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:54 pm

yes you should be able to. ask the gate agent, they can accomodate if they have room. But not if you have checked luggage.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The no charge rule (if not Gold or higher) only works at a connecting city, so no help in your case.
My itinerary starts at DFW so I think it actually will.

**Edit, I just called United and said I'd have trouble making the earlier flight so they kindly put me on the DFW->EWR->OSL flight instead.

Last edited by omghaxcode; Apr 26, 2015 at 11:38 pm
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I just called United and said I'd have trouble making the earlier flight so they kindly put me on the DFW->EWR->OSL flight instead.
That's pretty good. That's also the second report of "leniency" on changes in the past day, so hopefully that's not an anomaly and perhaps that bodes well for everyone.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Plat
No UA3690 and UA8496 on June 14 2015?

Can anyone tell me why there is no UA3690 and UA8496 (DEN-YYZ) on June 14, 2015? The UA timetable says they are scheduled, but there is no ability to book in any class when searching either on UA.com or AC.com.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
Can anyone tell me why there is no UA3690 and UA8496 (DEN-YYZ) on June 14, 2015? The UA timetable says they are scheduled, but there is no ability to book in any class when searching either on UA.com or AC.com.
Looks like UA 3690 is sold out. Maybe a group booking. UA 8496 (operated by AC) seems to have plenty of seats, I don't have any trouble with that coming up on united.com.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by Garten
Looks like UA 3690 is sold out. Maybe a group booking. UA 8496 (operated by AC) seems to have plenty of seats, I don't have any trouble with that coming up on united.com.
Oops - I meant UA3518, which is UAX metal that leaves about the same time as UA8496, but now I see that 3518 does not operate on the 14th. Thanks for checking on 3690.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
Oops - I meant UA3518, which is UAX metal that leaves about the same time as UA8496, but now I see that 3518 does not operate on the 14th. Thanks for checking on 3690.
FYI, it's easy to check this kind of thing yourself with a free account on expertflyer.com. Even if you can't justify the cost of a paid subscription, the free account is useful imho.

I wish the united.com booking engine had an option to show even flights with no seats.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:20 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Garten
I wish the united.com booking engine had an option to show even flights with no seats.
Ah, but you can @:-)

On UA's home page go to check status pick you city pair and choose a random date (you have choce of yesterday, today, tomorro or day after - my laptop has a nonworking w).

When you see flights, choose a date you actually want from the calendar
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:30 pm

Here's two questions.

If I book a flight on LH, then how do I ensure I get the correct mileage accrual to my MileagePlus account?

Is there a way to get Z or P class for one leg of a trip, then regular STL... class for another leg? I'm looking at an itin that seems to keep forcing me up to C for a Business class leg.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:45 pm

To get upgrade to Z or P class pay the upgrade price or mileage with some money
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by UNEED2
To get upgrade to Z or P class pay the upgrade price or mileage with some money
No, I want to *book* into Z/P. The site's giving me C class. However, maybe I'm looking at this wrong, and C would be cheapest if I'm looking for lowest fare?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:26 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by 4293844428
No, I want to *book* into Z/P. The site's giving me C class. However, maybe I'm looking at this wrong, and C would be cheapest if I'm looking for lowest fare?
Go to Advanced Search and type in your desired class into the box. Probably have to do each one individually.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Go to Advanced Search and type in your desired class into the box. Probably have to do each one individually.
If you say Z, P and have a mix of BF and economy cabins, the economy cabins get boosted up to BF. If you say Z, P, S, T, L ..., you get an error about the mix in cabin types.

I'm beginning to think this can't be done the way I want it to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.