Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Michael D
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: UA GS
Longtime lurker. First time posting.

IAD->DUB on J fare
For 6500 miles
RDM $0.019
PQM $0.089 (combined)
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
I really don't understand. Can you pls help?

With the new $$ PQD necessary, and accelerator $$ not counted IN THE NECESSARY Qualifying $$ amount, then why do this?

I ask this as a Chase Presidential Plus cardholder. I know there are some perks that come with that in 2015 but only to platinum, right?

I've decided it'll cost too much money for the perks I'd get to buy up to platinum. It will actually be cheaper to fly in first for the number of trips I take. $10k buys a lot of seats upfront!
Old Apr 12, 2015, 11:28 am
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by icydog

With the new $$ PQD necessary, and accelerator $$ not counted IN THE NECESSARY Qualifying $$ amount, then why do this?

I ask this as a Chase Presidential Plus cardholder. I know there are some perks that come with that in 2015 but only to platinum, right?

I've decided it'll cost too much money for the perks I'd get to buy up to platinum. It will actually be cheaper to fly in first for the number of trips I take. $10k buys a lot of seats upfront!
If you're hell-bent on besting Platinum, then, no the Presidential Plus card and its PQD waiver is not much use to you. To me, however, it allowed me to become Platinum for the cost of Gold. ^
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by icydog

I ask this as a Chase Presidential Plus cardholder. I know there are some perks that come with that in 2015 but only to platinum, right?...
That's an incomplete view.

1. It is quite possible to meet the spend requirements without meeting the PQM requirements.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...over-pqds.html

2. For those with PQD waivers, purchasing PQMs still may be useful. While limited to Plat for USA MP members {with credit card waivers}, non-USA members can still achieve 1K without PQD requirements.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:30 pm
RNE
Original Poster

I just noticed something odd with my PQM offers. Typically, they were whole cents without fractions. Examples: 8¢ or 12¢, etc. Now they are 9.313333¢ across the board. Just saying.

Also, I just noticed something about an inactive reservation I have. Although the option to purchase Accelerator miles is there and opens up when clicked, when I actually try to buy the miles it errors out—every time. Anybody else notice this?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
I just noticed something odd with my PQM offers. Typically, they were whole cents without fractions. Examples: 8¢ or 12¢, etc. Now they are 9.313333¢ across the board. Just saying.

Also, I just noticed something about an inactive reservation I have. Although the option to purchase Accelerator miles is there and opens up when clicked, when I actually try to buy the miles it errors out—every time. Anybody else notice this?
I don't know what you mean by an inactive reservation.

PQMs only. What were the RDMs?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Is it possible to get just the PQMs without buying the RDMs?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:57 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by wco81
Is it possible to get just the PQMs without buying the RDMs?
No.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:20 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
SMF-CUN 2.7RDM PQM9.7. I suppose it's this much because I booked two one ways, but that's the most I've seen for RDM. Offered 10K for $270
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:17 am
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SwisherTown
I don't know what you mean by an inactive reservation.
When a reservation is cancelled, it moves to the "Inactive" tab on the reservation page but it may still have residual value. When you use that to make a new reservation, the Accelerator option appears to reactivate but it's nonfunctional. At least that's the case with mine. I was wondering if anyone else can confirm my observation.
PQMs only. What were the RDMs?
They are 2.7¢.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Being offered 2.1cpm for 13k or 18k RDMs and $910 for 13k PQMs.

So that would be $1180 for 13k RDMs and PQMs all-in, 8.9cpm.

Seems as low a rate as anyone has gotten.

I'm just at under 36k PQM, aiming for Gold. Have an upcoming flight, SFO-ORD-AMS and LHR-SFO.

I think that will leave me just short of 50k PQM so really tempted.

But if I try booking a domestic flight, I should be able to get away with buying fewer miles, though the rates might be higher?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: 1k
Originally Posted by wco81
Being offered 2.1cpm for 13k or 18k RDMs and $910 for 13k PQMs.

So that would be $1180 for 13k RDMs and PQMs all-in, 8.9cpm.

Seems as low a rate as anyone has gotten.

I'm just at under 36k PQM, aiming for Gold. Have an upcoming flight, SFO-ORD-AMS and LHR-SFO.

I think that will leave me just short of 50k PQM so really tempted.

But if I try booking a domestic flight, I should be able to get away with buying fewer miles, though the rates might be higher?
It is not the best as the RDM low seems to be 1.9.

But if you need the PQM it is not terrible so go for it.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Just got an offer for 30,000 RDM at $570 or 1.9c - but here is the real kicker: offered 30,000 PQM at $2,100 or 7c. That is the lowest I have ever gotten - seriously contemplating getting them!!!!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:07 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
Just got an offer for 30,000 RDM at $570 or 1.9c - but here is the real kicker: offered 30,000 PQM at $2,100 or 7c. That is the lowest I have ever gotten - seriously contemplating getting them!!!!
Don't dally; you're probably looking at the best deal you'll see this year. But that's a boatload of PQMs. Do you need that many?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
Don't dally; you're probably looking at the best deal you'll see this year. But that's a boatload of PQMs. Do you need that many?
I am in the midst of transitioning between jobs and might not travel that much this year - hence the thought! I might just go ahead and pull the trigger. The funny thing is that as of this morning, the offer stood at 12c/ PQM!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.