Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA 777 PMco BusinessFirst vs Thai 777 Royal Silk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA 777 PMco BusinessFirst vs Thai 777 Royal Silk

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm familiar with the TG seat, I've flown it on both the 77W and the 380. It has direct aisle access but I find the cushioning less comfortable than either of the UA BF seats. And it's only private if you manage to avoid one of the paired middle seats - those are very similar to the middle seats on an sUA 763 in terms of privacy - i.e., not much at all.

IIRC correctly, TG does have better AVOD and the lavs tend to be much nicer than on any UA aircraft. But on the whole I don't think this choice gets made on hard product.

And one more thing - the fake wood and purple decor on the TG 77W is unbelievably tacky.
+1 - the middle seats are generally my favorites - but only if flying as a couple as you are rather "close" lol... I've not had any issues with the seat comfort as Kacee has so I view them as slightly better than UA, but not worlds apart - so what sets TG apart from me is the soft product and in this respect TG is vastly superior - even with the over the top interior design choices lol...

I fly the TG 380 regularly and will have the priveledge of flying TG F on the 380 to BKK in a few weeks and can't wait! It won't be the same as Emirates or Etihad suites - but I'm looking forward to 7 hours of bliss from Tokyo to BKK and back!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I definitely agree with Kacee on going with TG and watching for OZ space to open on the A380 (which would be the best option, in my opinion).
I think the best J option for the OP to look to open up would be OZ222 (INC-JFK direct) on a 777-300ER with the Quadra Smartium seating.

SunLover
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
What kacee said.
Avoid PEK. Overall, TG routing and experience is worth the extra 10,000 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.