Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAH to EZE (Houston to Buenos Aires): No Award Flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH to EZE (Houston to Buenos Aires): No Award Flights?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:57 am

There's so much time between now and then you're likely to find a cheap business class deal to EZE or nearby at some point between now and then. I would wait.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
The post you are referencing is in regard to AA/OW award travel. Not UNITED/Star Alliance.
Uh, TK (Turkish) is in the * alliance. From what I can see, they are the only *A airline that flies GRU-EZE. Maybe there is another *A flight from a city in Brazil to EZE but I don't see it.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by susiesan
This same lack of award availability is happening with AA. I was going to go to Argentina and Chile for a vacation in late 2015 or early 2016 but due to virtually no award seats in B or F at saver levels, I plan to go elsewhere on vacation in that time frame. Just can't sit in coach for a 10-12 hour flight, especially when you have enough miles for B/F and can't get a seat.
AA award seats will open up, especially close in. Our friends were able to find saver J EZE-MIA-ORD within 10 days of departure. There are also AA award sales to SA each year.
I also can't put in for a vacation with only 10 days notice to get time off from work. I have to plan my vacations way in advance. No last minute trips for me.
What about connecting through Brasil?
Hi Susie,

Based on the bolded portion of the posts above, I was offering advice on how to get to EZE and SCL via AA points based on your original comment about AA. I though that is what you were asking about. Hence why I mentioned my comment about transiting through Brasil. OW would have many more options via JJ and LA.

Uh, TK (Turkish) is in the * alliance. From what I can see, they are the only *A airline that flies GRU-EZE. Maybe there is another *A flight from a city in Brazil to EZE but I don't see it.
Yes, TK is the only option if redeeming UNITED miles.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Hi Susie,

Based on the bolded portion of the posts above, I was offering advice on how to get to EZE and SCL via AA points based on your original comment about AA. I though that is what you were asking about. Hence why I mentioned my comment about transiting through Brasil. OW would have many more options via JJ and LA.
I know there are more options with OneWorld partners, like LAN, buy you can't search for award seats online as AA does not show that partner. You have to call AA when you are ready to book and see what's available. With UA, all partners show up on their award calendars. I prefer being able to find availability myself before making the call to the airline. Otherwise, it can take hours for the phone agents to find you something.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
and yellow fever shot requirement.
The what? Yellow fever is endemic in Brazil, so there's no requirement to have the vaccine for entry since you're not going to introduce it. As a personal health matter, I certainly wouldnt get it for a 1-day transit.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by raehl311
The what? Yellow fever is endemic in Brazil, so there's no requirement to have the vaccine for entry since you're not going to introduce it. As a personal health matter, I certainly wouldnt get it for a 1-day transit.
Believe the issue is South Africa requires anyone who has recently been in a yellow fever area.

As of 1 October 2011, South Africa requires all travellers journeying from yellow fever risk countries to show proof of yellow fever vaccination by means of a valid yellow fever certificate.
Countries for which a yellow fever vaccination certificate is required for entry into South Africa are ...., Brazil, .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.