Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Season's Greetings from United

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:55 pm

For those who haven't gotten it yet, don't fret. UA still (probably) loves you. It just showed up in my inbox a few minutes ago.

It's odd because it says the message was sent around 3 PM, but I've had issues where some emails get delayed before they reach my inbox.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
I got mine today also, thought it was nice both in content and gesture.
Same here. They need to do more of this.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
Hmmm, no thank you card for me.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I got one and it went straight to the trash bin. I'm surprised at how many people think these feelings are genuine.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I got one and it went straight to the trash bin. I'm surprised at how many people think these feelings are genuine.
It was a nice gesture, and indeed nothing more. Who cares if it was mass produced and a marketing tool?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought the video was well done. Although I was half expecting it to contain the safety briefing video with the FAs.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: 1K
I find it insulting and humiliating that I haven't received one yet. I am so important... why don't they realize this.

Edit: For Gmail users that are missing the email. Simply type the following into the search bar (without the "s):

"United in:trash"

Last edited by hookthem; Dec 10, 2014 at 8:19 pm Reason: Instructions to help gmail users find their
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:09 pm

Don't they know that snowflakes have 6 sides and not 8?

8-sided snowflakes always ruin it for me.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by schwarm
Don't they know that snowflakes have 6 sides and not 8?

8-sided snowflakes always ruin it for me.
You are not alone.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:19 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Not a single mile on UA this year, yet they thank for me flying with them. Time to rework the database to identify those loyal customers.
We’d like to wish you a very happy holiday, and thank you for flying with us this year.
Tom in Leipzig
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Not anywhere does it say Merry CHRISTMAS.
I guess we're lucky in Norway where this is only said.....since it's......Christmas
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:07 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Tor Viking
I guess we're lucky in Norway where this is only said.....since it's......Christmas
Good. It shouldn't. (NB: I didn't get one.)
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
I noticed that too. I viewed it as a Christmas message, but others could see it as a Happy Hanukkah one as well. We've become a plain vanilla, politically correct country
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Everyone in Norway celebrates Christmas? I think nt... FWIW, I didn;t get the UA message either, at least not yet.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 7:06 am

Interesting Thread- good video

Wow. I skimmed the card and skipped the video. I know that I am occasionally out of touch. This thread showed me that people do like the e-mail cards. Lesson learned.

I watched the video....it was really well done (and I avoid video if at all possible). Between this and the safety video, I think UA found a (some) winners for their "video department".

I think that companies need to remind themselves, their employees, and customers that they appreciate customers.

As for the Christmas point...UA is selling to a very wide audience and "Merry Christmas" may be irrelevant to many customers around the world (say a big fraction of the people between the Urals and the Pacific....which side of the Urals is left as an exercise for the reader).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.