Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Another United Club enhancement? No cheese?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another United Club enhancement? No cheese?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Baze
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Savage

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!"

Love that movie
Love the slot machine!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
No cheese right now in the sfo lounge by the 60's terminals
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
It's FT...all you need is a sample size of 1 to make it the new standard!
and blame Jeff for it. On the third page already and no pitch forks yet. Interesting.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
I can't believe they don't rotate, or have at least DIFFERENT cheese, and veggies in say, EWR AND IAH, and ORD - something different.
The stale cookies rotate. Sometimes it's stale oatmeal raisin, sometimes it's stale chocolate chip, sometimes it's stale sugar cookies.

They had extremely stale oatmeal raisin cookies at IAD the other day. I took one bite and spit it out. My dental plan isn't the greatest, so I didn't want to risk breaking anything.

There were only a few stale cookies left, so I mentioned to my companion that if we each threw away a half dozen or so, they'll have to bring out a new tray.

She, in her idealistic mindset, said I could just mention it to them, and they'd take care of it. I pointed out that the help at IAD doesn't speak English, and neither of us speak Arabic, so communication might be an issue, but she's welcome to give it a try.

Sure enough, she had no luck communicating with the help, but she was able to communicate something to the RCC rep, who in turn managed to communicate something to the service staff.

Fast forward 5 minutes, and they brought out a brand new tray of cookies, just as stale as the original ones.

At least it would have been more fun throwing away the original cookies...
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:23 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by channa
The stale cookies rotate. Sometimes it's stale oatmeal raisin, sometimes it's stale chocolate chip, sometimes it's stale sugar cookies.

They had extremely stale oatmeal raisin cookies at IAD the other day. I took one bite and spit it out. My dental plan isn't the greatest, so I didn't want to risk breaking anything.

There were only a few stale cookies left, so I mentioned to my companion that if we each threw away a half dozen or so, they'll have to bring out a new tray.

She, in her idealistic mindset, said I could just mention it to them, and they'd take care of it. I pointed out that the help at IAD doesn't speak English, and neither of us speak Arabic, so communication might be an issue, but she's welcome to give it a try.

Sure enough, she had no luck communicating with the help, but she was able to communicate something to the RCC rep, who in turn managed to communicate something to the service staff.

Fast forward 5 minutes, and they brought out a brand new tray of cookies, just as stale as the original ones.

Maybe under the cost cutting effort they buy their cookies at the day old baked goods shop down the street.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
SFO rotunda UC around noon yesterday had no cheese and no carrots. They did have those yogurt covered pretzels, and they eventually put out yogurt. Some gentleman was strenously complaining to a staff member about how much UA has gone downhill... She was apologetic but suggested he complain to the desk agents. Not exactly DYKWIA, but, man, the woman who stocks the cookies probably doesn't want to hear your complaints about SMI, J.

Last edited by jewels421; Nov 29, 2014 at 8:12 pm Reason: Typos
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by thebob6
They have to save money somewhere.. and shacks are low hanging fruit.
They have done a nice job of turning the Red Carpet Club (which was not so hot to begin with) into a "shack" that would do eastern Texas proud!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by channa

I'm guessing other people had the same thought. Where else would you think the new stale cookies came from?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
What??? No Cheese with that Wine?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, SQ Gold, MAR Plat, Hilton Gold
Even about 2 months ago at the UC in the Int'l terminal there was no cheese.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:54 am
grt

The downhill slide continues. None of these complaints surprise me anymore. The removal of the Walkers and Milanos were only the beginning. Who needs cheese, fresh fruit, cookies, working power outlets, a place to sit, water, etc...
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by grt
The downhill slide continues. None of these complaints surprise me anymore. The removal of the Walkers and Milanos were only the beginning. Who needs cheese, fresh fruit, cookies, working power outlets, a place to sit, water, etc...
With an AMEX Centurion lounge down the way at SFO, we don't.

If they expand this lounge network to fill in some of the holes (e.g., IAH, ORD), there will be absolutely no reason to hold a UA Club membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.