Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving travel week begins for UA travelers ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanksgiving travel week begins for UA travelers ...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by aacharya
Not to go OT, but wow....a glass of Opus One comp'ed is just....wow.
I was as stunned as you were - and it was so good it was depressing lol. Happy thanksgiving!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Looks like the 744 is back on an ORD-SFO-ORD run this Sunday 11/30 UA761/698 to get people home from Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:57 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Sitting at the SFO club (old domestic) and watching the departures from the 10s and arrivals on the 19s. The rain has stopped and things look ok for the most part for mainline and a mess for Express flights.

Traffic into the airport was pretty congested, so I am glad we arrived early. PreCheck and Clear had no wait.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:06 pm

Fog was so bad in DEN earlier they diverted 20+ flights. The 787 from IAH went to COS. That must've been a sight to see.

What a cluster.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Sitting at the SFO club (old domestic) and watching the departures from the 10s and arrivals on the 19s. The rain has stopped and things look ok for the most part for mainline and a mess for Express flights.

Traffic into the airport was pretty congested, so I am glad we arrived early. PreCheck and Clear had no wait.
Numerous mainline inbound equipment are delayed by 2-4 hours. Travel east on several flights is significantly delayed. In our case getting back to Boston will be >2 hours late and they just changed our 2.5 hour delayed inbound Houston flight to a Seattle flight that has not yet departed because of a >5 hour and counting mechanical.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: United Gold
I'm traveling through SFO on 12/5, everything should be OK by then right? Although if I do get stuck I'm hiding out in the new Centurion Lounge.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I'm traveling through SFO on 12/5, everything should be OK by then right? Although if I do get stuck I'm hiding out in the new Centurion Lounge.
the weather in NorCal this week is supposed to be pretty dicey today, Tuesday, and Wednesday. later week and the weekend sounds like it will be a bit better.

i expect T/W to be worse than today in terms of delays at SFO, as that will be a stronger storm with deeper moisture (more rain) and stronger winds per the forecast as of now.

47 and light rain here in the foothills now. Snow levels headed up to Tahoe are about 5000' or so.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:16 pm

Thanks again UA, for letting me change to direct flight home rather than having me connect through SFO. If I'm still on my original itinerary, I'm still not at home!

(I have posted on another thread thanking UA/DL/AA for the weather waiver on the way out, day before thanksgiving).
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
A few adventures flying home LAX-DEN on Saturday:

I was scheduled for a 4 p.m. LAX-DEN on Friday, but I used same-day change. Since I had sprung for P class months earlier, I had quite a few choices, all in C and F. Chose LAX-SFO-DEN at 8:20 on Saturday morning, with a C seat on UA223 SFO-DEN on a 777. I was delighted to receive an upgrade message on Saturday morning. Sweet - seat 2A in Global First!

Sadly, SFO was under flow control that day and UA1761 LAX-SFO was delayed, then delayed more by a mechanical problem. I had a good backup, though, as UA750 LAX-DEN at 10:45 a.m. was also a 777. I got 6J in business, but wound up number four on the CPU list. UA1761 arrived at 11:49 a.m. (SFO-DEN was at 11:05 a.m.) and I would have misconnected, so I made the right choice.

Many, many upgrades at the gate. The agents seemed stressed out - at one point, the agent said over the PA: "If you are waiting for an upgrade, please don't approach the counter; board and we will come and get you at your seat and move you up . . . so either board or stay out."

It was a fun flight - only 1:38 in the air with a great tail wind. The crew hustled and served us our lunch (no choice in C, but the chicken wrap with onion soup was tasty) quickly. I miss widebodies from DEN to the West Coast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.