Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving travel week begins for UA travelers ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanksgiving travel week begins for UA travelers ...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Go to Vino Volo.
Great idea - I may try it.

I am a living contradiction - i shell out for BF and then I do not want to pay for booze ( usually I fly LH, so plenty of champers in SEN lounge!)
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
DEN-LAX on Tuesday (11/25) at 5:30 p.m.
LAX-DEN on Friday (11/28) at 4:00 p.m.

I noticed that there are 777 flights both SFO-DEN (two flights, actually) and LAX-DEN (plus a 787 on 11/30) on Saturday and Sunday (11/29 and 11/30), so maybe those are going to be the busiest days.

More worried about finding a parking spot in Denver on Tuesday than the flights themselves.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Kurt
DEN-LAX on Tuesday (11/25) at 5:30 p.m.
LAX-DEN on Friday (11/28) at 4:00 p.m.

I noticed that there are 777 flights both SFO-DEN and LAX-DEN on Saturday (11/29), so maybe that is going to be the busiest day.

More worried about finding a parking spot in Denver on Tuesday than the flights themselves.
The parking garage was full last Tuesday, I cannot imagine how tomorrow will be. Even the Economy lot was very full last week. Good luck and safe travels.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cricketrun
Great idea - I may try it.

I am a living contradiction - i shell out for BF and then I do not want to pay for booze ( usually I fly LH, so plenty of champers in SEN lounge!)
I'm sort of with you there hahaha. The only thing I'll buy now and then is some of the VC in the UC if I'm feeling particularly in a good mood.

But then I started going to VV...AND they have a rewards program!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
DCA-EWR-TLV on Wednesday with DCA-EWR on a Dash-8. I fully expect things to go sideways with the weather....
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cricketrun

Minor gripe and rant - I am not happy to have to pay for booze in the UA club, so I will stick to the champers in flight
There is free booze in the United Clubs. Not the good booze, but there is free booze.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
DCA-EWR-TLV on Wednesday with DCA-EWR on a Dash-8. I fully expect things to go sideways with the weather....
Too late to book Amtrak from WAS Union Station to EWR?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: United Silver; Marriott Silver
SAN -> IAD on Weds and IAD-> SAN on Sunday...hoping for the best.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: United
Will be flying EWR to FRA on Saturday (11/29) for business, returning 12/6.

Hoping and praying the crowds won't be too bad. I haven't flown during Thanksgiving week for decades. (No really, decades!)
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Too late to book Amtrak from WAS Union Station to EWR?
I am connecting EWR-TLV so yeah...if I no-show the first segment...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Not US-born, no Thanksgiving family tradition, Thank Goodness!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
I'm a little worried I have done a dumb thing... Flying EUG-DEN-GRR tomorrow with only a 34 min. connection in DEN. And there are very few options to get me to GRR when I need to be there if I misconnect, even without it being Thanksgiving week. Because my options were limited, it didn't seem like such a bad idea at the time, but now that I'm facing it... well. It doesn't seem like the smartest move.

Things working in my favor: weather looks good everywhere the plane will be that morning, the plane has an hour turn time in EUG so some buffer time if arriving flight is late, DEN connecting gates are likely to be very close, I'll be at the front of the plane (either in F or first Y row), I guess I'll check my bag so I don't have to wait on the ramp.

Things working against me: UA.

Guess I'll check SDC options at T-24, but it doesn't look positive for those either...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:31 pm

SFO-IAH-BOG-MDE Wed, MDE-PTY-LAS-SFO Sat 12/6. Colombian Thanksgiving vacation!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by jewels421
Things working in my favor: weather looks good everywhere the plane will be that morning, the plane has an hour turn time in EUG so some buffer time if arriving flight is late, DEN connecting gates are likely to be very close, I'll be at the front of the plane (either in F or first Y row), I guess I'll check my bag so I don't have to wait on the ramp.
Forecast for Tuesday is 52 and partly cloudy in Denver; it's a bit raw and windy (40 degrees) today but pretty nice. At least you are not driving: the worst thing going on is I-70 at W. 32nd Ave. in Applewood. Big bridge repair there is taking it from three lanes to one and it backs up for several miles. That would not be a welcome sight if one was trying to get from the mountains to DIA.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I'm sort of with you there hahaha. The only thing I'll buy now and then is some of the VC in the UC if I'm feeling particularly in a good mood.

But then I started going to VV...AND they have a rewards program!
YES THEY DO! Love how you scan your reciepts in with your smartphone - but I'm a bit embarrased at my status level with VV... However, it did get me a free glass of a very nice Opus One in EWR last week! Will be at the VV in IAD tomorrow (at NRT now waiting for my NH flight to IAD)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.