Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UK "Registered Traveler Service" Does anyone know if United is supplying any codes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK "Registered Traveler Service" Does anyone know if United is supplying any codes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy

I did what mmeskill in post #7 suggested and the Border Forces agent gave me one right at the booth after flipping through my passport to confirm my many UK stamps. He a pile of them right there.
This was exactly my experience at LHR last week.

Will UA pay for this if they supply a code?

What the real difference between this and a Fast Track pass? There have never been too many people in line in FT when I have arrived at LHR.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
This was exactly my experience at LHR last week.

Will UA pay for this if they supply a code?

What the real difference between this and a Fast Track pass? There have never been too many people in line in FT when I have arrived at LHR.
UA doesn't pay the 50 gbp fee.

The difference is not having to fill out an arrivals card or talk to an agent. I zip through the EU automated gates. I love it.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
There has never been anyone in the EU gates ahead of me when I go through at T2 since its opening. Not once.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
And just to follow up on my earlier post, this could not have been done any faster.

As I mentioned, I got a code when I arrived at LHR. Went online that night and did the paperwork and made the payment. Confirmation emails says I'll hear back in 7-10 days. Within 24 hours I have an email letting me know my paperwork is approved and to bring it along next time I enter the UK.

Re-enter the UK a week later and give the paperwork to the officer at LHR. Takes about two minutes and he gives me a card and tells me to give them 7-10 days to activate. The next day I have an email that I've been activated. Two days later I took a quick trip to Paris and was able to use the expedited process at the Eurostar station on my way back.

Easy as can be!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: UA3MMbis 1K, AA3˝MMbis Plat, AF1MMbis, BonvoyLTT
You can get invitation directly online

Hi all.

Actually, you can get an invitation code simply by asking online.

They'll send you an invitation code within 24 hours and you can then apply online. No need to wait until your next immigration line visit to ask for the invitation.

Incidentally, my browser tagged the above link as having a questionable certificate, but it is the legit UK government site. If you feel more comfortable, Google "uk apply for registered traveller", click on the first site and then on the green "Start now" button half-way down the page.

Cheers.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I picked up a bunch of codes on leaflets available in the fast track lane at LHR T5 a few days ago again. I picked up like twenty of these codes of a rack and handed them to those whom I know are sick of dealing with the slow "fast track" passport control processing that can hit even when the Fast Track passenger to FastTrack agent ratio is 3:1 or better. [That kind of delay is just further incentive to do what it takes to avoid the slowness at LHR.]

More codes can be gotten this way, if the email response is inadequate for whatever reason.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Got my code by email request. GFL desk also has a stack of em. Already registered and have my card. While on AM arrivals on TATL flights I have almost always been able to breeze thru Fast Track immigration (since move to T2), I have found it valuable for arrival on intra-European flights, some of which don't provide Fast Track, even if flying "business" class. Has been so valuable when my flight from France or Germany arrives at the same time as huge Air India flight(s)!!!

Addendum: No, UA GS not paying the GBP50, but I don't care, easily worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.