Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know where you can report a found item at Ohare in the united terminals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone know where you can report a found item at Ohare in the united terminals?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA 1K, HERTZ Presidents Circle

Does anyone know where you can report a found item at Ohare in the united terminals. Did not really trust giving it to anyone with United. Found a Sprint Galaxy 5S near gate B16.

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
ORD website says to give it to Chicago PD if found in the terminal, to the TSA if at security.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
In the unlikely event that its unlocked, check recent call history for "mom/dad/babe/etc", they might be travelling together and be quickly able to reunite the phone before takeoff
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Not unlocked unfortunately so I guess I could leave it on and see if they call looking for it.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Just find if it ends up in authorities hands no one ever gets their stuff back. Maybe wrong but just my opinion.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:17 pm

Is there any owner information on the lock screen? If there is, you can ask an agent to look for that passenger or even page them through the terninal intercom.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nwdogahunt
Just find if it ends up in authorities hands no one ever gets their stuff back. Maybe wrong but just my opinion.
Speaking as someone who has stuff returned "no one ever" is incorrect statement. And it was twice an UA employee that found and returned the items. (Bose headset and a laptop power supply)
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Speaking as someone who has stuff returned "no one ever" is incorrect statement. And it was twice an UA employee that found and returned the items. (Bose headset and a laptop power supply)
Same here - once a United mechanic found my kindle in an overnight maintenance of the plane and he personally tracked me down and mailed it back to me and wouldn't even let me reimburse him for postage!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott LT Titanium, '20 Ambassador
I left my tablet on a plane in ORD a couple months ago. The UA staff there was actually very helpful in returning it to me, they actually placed several calls and ended up delivering it to me at my connecting gate before I departed.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:15 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Any CS agent can drop it in the local UA lost and found box which will go to the office in the baggage claim. The more info you can put with it is a note, the better the chance of it finding the owner. If you think the CPD is more likely to track down the owner than the UA lost and found, by all means, give it to them. I'd give it to the airport employee working closest to where you found it. If the owner comes back looking for it, they will most likely ask the airport workers if they have seen it in the vicinity it was lost at. The farther away from this place it gets taken, the longer you hold onto it, the less likely the owner will get it back today.

Not trusting the employees who you are doing business with and likely handing over your luggage to seems a bit paranoid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.